By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Leaked on Torrent Sites; CD Projekt RED is Asking Pirates for Their Support

PEEPer0nni said:

CDPR cheated me. They annouced Season Pass, before the game release. F*ck them.

P.S the game costs 50$ not 32$...

Really... it always amazes me when i see people complain about the good DLC. I have seen a user here complain about the MK8 DLC and now you complain about the Witcher DLC. Both these DLC's are very clear in advance on what they are and how much value you are getting for your money. Its not a cheap money grab or a witholding of content in the disc or removing it from the game to sell it to you + microtransaction on top of it like WB, EA, Activision and Ubisoft like to do.

Please try to understand the cases in wich you are getting expansions to your game with great value per money and when you are outright beeing gouged. I know its easier to just hate all DLC, but there is a way to make it right, and the Witcher 3 and MK8 do it right.

Not only that, but if the Witcher 3 gains GOTY this year, it will also be an importment statement in that regard.

Around the Network

How do I get the game for $32?

4 ≈ One

I really like CD Projekt Red and what they stand for. Lifting embargos, free DLC and not restricting game content to whomever they have a marketing deal with. The Witcher III is a day one purchase for me.

Shame on anyone who steals anyway.

Dgc1808 said:
How do I get the game for $32?

He made a mistake. It is the conversion of the pre-order price of $53.99 to the British pound. 

Around the Network

i hate pirates.

these guys worked hard and deserve the make some money on their investment. if a game isn't worth money to you then you shouldn't be playing it either.

Hope it have a nice effect.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Love these guys to bits, hope they game does amazingly and that they'll keep on lifting the average quality of the industry for years and years to come!

This great attitude of not using pirates as an excuse to annoy legit users with pesky DRMs (that won't stop pirates anyway) is, besides obviously making great games, another good reason why not only I don't pirate their games (I buy legal copies also of the other games, although I've sometimes been forced to play pirated copies of games I already legally bought because the regular copy's DRM was doing a bloody mess on my PC) but I'm also ready to buy them at higher prices than others if I got the money, I bought TW1 and 2 as soon as they released the Enhanced Editions, still full-priced and with just that 10-15% discount MediaWorld does on most games when still full-priced.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
This great attitude of not using pirates as an excuse to annoy legit users with pesky DRMs (that won't stop pirates anyway) is, besides obviously making great games, another good reason why not only I don't pirate their games (I buy legal copies also of the other games, although I've sometimes been forced to play pirated copies of games I already legally bought because the regular copy's DRM was doing a bloody mess on my PC) but I'm also ready to buy them at higher prices than others if I got the money, I bought TW1 and 2 as soon as they released the Enhanced Editions, still full-priced and with just that 10-15% discount MediaWorld does on most games when still full-priced.

I haven't pirated a single PC game in years, I think they last time I did might have been in 2008 or around there. CDProjekt are amazing developers and proper good guys of the industry, but this has been largely ignored for the past week in the wake of the visual downgrade that everyone was whining about.