By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 4th to May 10th

Kresnik said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Wii U above 10k.
Even if next week will probabily back at the 6/8 k level... maybe 7/9 k.

And PS4/Vita under 10k incoming... :-/

I'm not sure Vita will drop below 10k, actually.  WiiU will be there next week and I'd imagine PS4 will be the week after, though.

Vita finally has an evergreen title in Minecraft.  That might keep it above 10k.

Vita is still down YOY. last year is dropped for many week under 10k, so, i can't see not happen even this time... any way, after some released Vita can back easy above 20k for many week.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
The XenoBlade dropped is not worse than the BloodBorne dropped. 150k ----> 20k and 85k ----> 10k.
But of course, people say "DOOMED" for XenoBlade and succes for BloodBorne... seem legit...

Considering that game sold one million copies in 10 days it is a succes. We simply have to wait and see how the game will be received in the rest of the world.

I'm one of the people that call BloodBorne a succes, indeed... it doing pretty good in US (389,000).

But actually we talk about Japan sales, not globally...

Ryng_Tolu said:

Vita is still down YOY. last year is dropped for many week under 10k, so, i can't see not happen even this time... any way, after some released Vita can back easy above 20k for many week.

I'm sure it will eventually, but "incoming" =/= "eventually".

Everything drops massively over the summer, but Vita didn't go sub-10k last year until October.  That's a long way off.

Ryng_Tolu said:
The XenoBlade dropped is not worse than the BloodBorne dropped. 150k ----> 20k and 85k ----> 10k.
But of course, people say "DOOMED" for XenoBlade and succes for BloodBorne... seem legit...

Well 180k >>>> 95k so yeah, they're not at all in the same success bracket lol

Xenoblade also looks like the far more expensive game. It will have to rely on the west for success :( 

Ryng_Tolu said:

Percentage wise, it is worse though...

20/150*100 = 13.3

10/85*100=11.8

Not to mention that Bloodborne has overall higher numbers (in Japan), so it is more succesful. This was supposed to be up compared to the original, but that's looking very unlikely (in Japan).

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

I think I know the reason for the xenoblade drop:

People are too afraid of the ghost cars.

Kresnik said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I'm sure it will eventually, but "incoming" =/= "eventually".

Everything drops massively over the summer, but Vita didn't go sub-10k last year until October.  That's a long way off.

Well, last summer PSVita was barely at 12,000 to 15,000... assuming will be worst than last year (the week withouth games) i can see Vita at 10,000 to 13,000.

But yeah, maybe not under 10k...

Ryng_Tolu said:

Well, last summer PSVita was barely at 12,000 to 15,000... assuming will be worst than last year (the week withouth games) i can see Vita at 10,000 to 13,000.

But yeah, maybe not under 10k...

That was my point about Minecraft.  It's the first time Vita has had a game with legs... ever?  So it's the kind of thing that's not causing spikes in hardware sales, but may make them more consistent for a period.

No idea, but of the 3 struggling consoles (PS4/WiiU/Vita), it's definitely the least likely to drop below 10k in my opinion.

I really don't understand Japan. Why don't they want Xenoblade? There are so few JRPGs around, I thought they would lap this up. I guess the artstyle and combat are at fault. Or maybe just the Wii U's audience.

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Percentage wise, it is worse though...

20/150*100 = 13.3

10/85*100=11.8

Not to mention that Bloodborne has overall higher numbers (in Japan), so it is more succesful. This was supposed to be up compared to the original, but that's looking very unlikely (in Japan).

When i say that XenoBlade is more/equal succesful than BloodBorne? I just say that the second week was a big dropped for all two games. any way, if you ask me, Xeno have sold decent, and BloodBorne good (not at succes level) in Japan.

Globally, BloodBorne was a succes, because +1M in 2 weeks is very good.

And 1.5% dropped different is nothing...