By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last great game you played? Awesome, epic, unforgettable, truly a masterpiece.

I just finished pillars of eternity on hard about 20 minutes ago.Great game, i'd give it an 8.5/10.It's still running at 90 on metacritic.

Around the Network
Wright said:

I'd like to say The Evil Within, save for the DLC screwing the original plot of the game and some small questionable gaming design here and there. Still a masterpiece in my eyes.

But if I were to say a game that fits into OP's description, the last great, unforgettable game I played was Dragon's Dogma.

Regarding The Evil Within, I have yet to play the DLC, but the original game was really good until the last chapters brought it down a lot in my eyes. The final confrontation in particular, while not awful, could've been a lot better and the same can be said about the ending.

Spike0503 said:

Regarding The Evil Within, I have yet to play the DLC, but the original game was really good until the last chapters brought it down a lot in my eyes. The final confrontation in particular, while not awful, could've been a lot better and the same can be said about the ending.

I agree about the final boss, although it wasn't particulary bad or anything. I liked the reference with the rocket launcher, and overall it gives you a satisfactory final shot, but yeah. Some more meaty fight would have been better.

I liked the ending, though, for its ambiguity. While it doesn't give answers, at all, and leaves its interpretation to the player, it does provide a sense of closure after all the madness Sebastian goes through. Too bad the DLC ending makes some strange decisions about it.

Shadow of mordor.

Journey

Around the Network

bloodborn

I am currently playing Just Cause 2 and it is a fantastic game!

For me, the Danganronpa games... They were so well written and funny...

Mass Effect 2 is truly the last game that wowed me. I've enjoyed some games since then, bit nothing has come close to it since it's release.

Monster Hunter4 Ultimate!!! This is probably the most time I've spent on a handheld game ever.A masterpiece bye my standards and best game on 3DS!