By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

"Sakamura-san, perhaps you could tell us a little bit about..."

I love Nintendo's spokesperson.

Around the Network

So I'm replaying Metroid Prime 3 in celebration of Prime 4's announcement, and holy cow, I am blown away by how well this game has aged visually.

I hadn't played it since 2012, and the Wii was my primary console back then, so I was concerned that after years of Wii U being my primary, it wouldn't hold up as well as I remembered. I needn't have worried; it still looks absolutely beautiful.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it looks better today than most PS3/360 games.

Between its buttery smooth 60fps, exquisite art design, and well considered use of eye catching effects, it's still a pleasure to look at even in 480p. It's incredible how much Retro managed to squeeze out of the Wii hardware.

Doesn't hurt that it's still a blast to play as well. Ripping away enemy shields with the Nunchuk feels great, as does the fluid and precise pointer aiming. 

Prime 4 has a lot to live up to.

curl-6 said:

So I'm replaying Metroid Prime 3 in celebration of Prime 4's announcement, and holy cow, I am blown away by how well this game has aged visually.

I hadn't played it since 2012, and the Wii was my primary console back then, so I was concerned that after years of Wii U being my primary, it wouldn't hold up as well as I remembered. I needn't have worried; it still looks absolutely beautiful.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it looks better today than most PS3/360 games.

Between its buttery smooth 60fps, exquisite art design, and well considered use of eye catching effects, it's still a pleasure to look at even in 480p. It's incredible how much Retro managed to squeeze out of the Wii hardware.

Doesn't hurt that it's still a blast to play as well. Ripping away enemy shields with the Nunchuk feels great, as does the fluid and precise pointer aiming. 

Prime 4 has a lot to live up to.

Oh yeah, when it comes to GCN and Wii games, the Primes are among the best when it comes to aging well.  Skyrward Sword, F-Zero GX, and Rogue Squadron 2 are some others that stand the test of time well.  Last Story would too, if the framerate didn't crap the bed so much.  Honestly, all the games listed wouls be easy remasters/remakes.  

Debating if I should add in the GOTY Sushi game to the poll, but then all the previous answers would be reset :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Debating if I should add in the GOTY Sushi game to the poll, but then all the previous answers would be reset :/

Like that's really anyone's favorite game. :L

Also I tried to join ya in Splatoon but you left. :[

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Platina said:

Like that's really anyone's favorite game. :L

Also I tried to join ya in Splatoon but you left. :[

You joined when I started to inkbrush troll, I switched back to my normal set :p

| |

Good games! Haven't played with vgc members like this in a long time so it's great

Your burst bombs are lethal D:

| |

Platina said:
Good games! Haven't played with vgc members like this in a long time so it's great

Your burst bombs are lethal D:

They'd be better if I wasn't so rusty, you shoulda been dead so many times.

Nintendo Says It Will Support The Nintendo 3DS Beyond 2018

“The way we continue to make Nintendo 3DS vibrant as a platform is first we continue to innovate from form factor standpoint. So the New 2DS XL is just the latest for us in having form factor innovation. We know colors are a key differentiator, consumers love the variety of different colors. And also the larger screen and the different form factor in the 2DS family, we think is a going to drive and continue to drive the 3DS platform.”

“We’re going to continue to bring new content, and that’s what’s going to keep this device vibrant and keep it going well into 2018 and beyond.”

“We say that it’s a home console that you take with you and play with anyone, anywhere, anytime. It really is meant to deliver that great home console performance, you just happen to be able to undock it and take it with you, which is a key innovation,” Fils-Aime said. “But look, in the end, what we want is we want the consumer to call it their device, right? Their preferred gaming device that they can play fantastic Zelda, Mario, third-party content, all of their favorite franchises brought to life on the platform. That’s what we want. And we’re greedy and we want Nintendo 3DS right alongside it.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/16/nintendo-says-it-will-support-the-nintendo-3ds-beyond-2018/

| |

Platina said:
Nintendo Says It Will Support The Nintendo 3DS Beyond 2018

“The way we continue to make Nintendo 3DS vibrant as a platform is first we continue to innovate from form factor standpoint. So the New 2DS XL is just the latest for us in having form factor innovation. We know colors are a key differentiator, consumers love the variety of different colors. And also the larger screen and the different form factor in the 2DS family, we think is a going to drive and continue to drive the 3DS platform.”

“We’re going to continue to bring new content, and that’s what’s going to keep this device vibrant and keep it going well into 2018 and beyond.”

“We say that it’s a home console that you take with you and play with anyone, anywhere, anytime. It really is meant to deliver that great home console performance, you just happen to be able to undock it and take it with you, which is a key innovation,” Fils-Aime said. “But look, in the end, what we want is we want the consumer to call it their device, right? Their preferred gaming device that they can play fantastic Zelda, Mario, third-party content, all of their favorite franchises brought to life on the platform. That’s what we want. And we’re greedy and we want Nintendo 3DS right alongside it.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/16/nintendo-says-it-will-support-the-nintendo-3ds-beyond-2018/

Ugh, fuck right off with that shit Nintendo.

The whole point of the Switch is to unify your userbase and avoid game droughts by putting all your software onto one platform. The 3DS has had its day, let it die as nature intended. All it's doing at this point is taking games away from Switch and making them worse because of the inferior hardware.