By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Ugh, fuck right off with that shit Nintendo.

The whole point of the Switch is to unify your userbase and avoid game droughts by putting all your software onto one platform. The 3DS has had its day, let it die as nature intended. All it's doing at this point is taking games away from Switch and making them worse because of the inferior hardware.

curl-6 totally buys into Reggie's PR.

Just like they said they will support WII U next to the NX back then. Developers will slowly "switch" :)

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

3DS is still alive

Peh said:
RolStoppable said:

curl-6 totally buys into Reggie's PR.

Just like they said they will support WII U next to the NX back then. Developers will slowly "switch" :)

Well...some won't.  This occurred to me the other day, some of Nintendo's third party partners won't.  Because some franchises cannot survive outside the 3DS.  Etrian Odyssey is an obvious one.  It needs touch controls, 2 screens, and greatly benefits from a stylus.  If it comes to the Switch, it will have to be redesigne completely from the ground up.  Other franchises are in the same situation.  And Nintendo will probably stretch out some unfinished but already funded 3DS projects.  I mean shoot, Dragon Quest XI is coming out and goodness knows when that will get localized.  So I think that those two things will be the overwhelming majority of 2018 and early 2019 3DS support.  3DS will fall sharply after Pokemon US/UM, but then it will fade out.

RolStoppable said:
Peh said:

I do not even recall Reggie saying something along the lines of supporting Wii U next to NX. What I do remember though, is that a lot of people were very confused because they couldn't interpret "we do not mean NX to be a simple replacement for either Wii U or 3DS" correctly. Despite Nintendo's repeated statements that they will move towards an environment where they don't have to create separate games for distinct platforms, some people really believed that Nintendo would support NX, Wii U and 3DS simultaneously.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-wont-abandon-wii-u-and-3ds-after-nx-launc/1100-6428604/

"NX is a new platform, so the installed base will have to be built up from zero," Iwata said during a recent shareholder presentation, the English translation of which was published on Thursday.

"When NX is launched, there already will be a certain volume of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hardware widely existing in the market, so from a software business perspective, it would be highly inefficient to stop releasing titles for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U right after the launch of NX," he added."

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Loving ARMS atm. I'm really having a blast with it. Go buy it, it's really worth it!

Volterra_90 said:
Loving ARMS atm. I'm really having a blast with it. Go buy it, it's really worth it!

One issue I have with the game is the handicap you get by defeating people online. You have 4 blocks of hp and I was at a position were I only got 1 block at the beginning of a fight and 2 opponents got 4. Guess who they took out first with a few hits...you can't do anything about it. If that's there balancing feature than forget it :/ That's simply not fair. 

OfficerRaichu15 said:
How's everyone enjoying ARMS so far?

My hands especially my thumb gets tiring so quickly. The shape of the joycons are not helping, and how I keep pressing the analog buttons lol

But very fun! Lots of good players already. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Peh said:
Volterra_90 said:

One issue I have with the game is the handicap you get by defeating people online. You have 4 blocks of hp and I was at a position were I only got 1 block at the beginning of a fight and 2 opponents got 4. Guess who they took out first with a few hits...you can't do anything about it. If that's there balancing feature than forget it :/ That's simply not fair. 

Haven't noticed that tbh. They still have time to iron out some things, but what matters to me now is that the gameplay foundation is pretty solid. There will surely be updates to balance characters in the future. Though I agree that I've always found handicap in online games silly, but it's true that it's far from uncommon. I guess that you get some handicap just in Party Mode right? In that case it's more understandable.

Volterra_90 said:
Peh said:

Haven't noticed that tbh. They still have time to iron out some things, but what matters to me now is that the gameplay foundation is pretty solid. There will surely be updates to balance characters in the future. Though I agree that I've always found handicap in online games silly, but it's true that it's far from uncommon. I guess that you get some handicap just in Party Mode right? In that case it's more understandable.

Yes, it was in party mode. I was winning all the fight's were I even got a bonus for receiving additional 4 coins to the coins after winning a fight.