By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
RolStoppable said:
Nautilus said:

Even so, the same game is available in Steam for 15 dollars.I know this comes as a physical version, but it really justifies the price to double?And I really dont think they will add enough to justify the price increase.Having said that, Im really considering in buying this for Switch.

I want to note that Cave Story is massively overrated garbage.

Wait, what? I thought you liked Metroid.

Around the Network

Voted 3 in the poll. Naturally I have to rate the launch pretty low since it wasn't enough to convince me, but don't feel bad Switch, this happens with every system. Still plan on getting one this holiday when it's a better value.

RolStoppable said:
StarDoor said:

Wait, what? I thought you liked Metroid.

Yes, and that's the reason why Cave Story is so bad. I bought it on Wii because people raved about it and likened it to Metroid, but Cave Story is not like Metroid. It has something like a hub and three or four linear stages. Don't expect exploration from Cave Story. It's more similar to something like Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent where you waste your time looking for the entry point of the next stage and then get served something that doesn't live up to the level design of classic Mega Man or Mega Man X.

Cave Story sucks as Metroid, it sucks as an action-platformer like Mega Man, it quite frankly sucks, period. If you want to be impressed by the work of a single man on something like Metroid, then Axiom Verge is what you are looking for.

Or Dust: An Elysian Tail.  Also a solo effort, also quite an impressive effort.  Not without its wrinkles, but the presentation and such is really good. 

I'll save my judgment on Cave Story until I play myself though I am aware it has quirks.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So apparently Lego City Undercover on Switch is out and 1) it holds up very well vs the PS4 port, 2) still has obnoxious load times (though slightly improved), and 3) does not require a big download or internet to play.

Nice to see that download crap was false, that Switch port went well, and that the low effort-ish feel is persistent on all platforms :P

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
So apparently Lego City Undercover on Switch is out and 1) it holds up very well vs the PS4 port, 2) still has obnoxious load times (though slightly improved), and 3) does not require a big download or internet to play.

Nice to see that download crap was false, that Switch port went well, and that the low effort-ish feel is persistent on all platforms :P

Is there any mention of the PS4 load times? I only see Switch and WiiU comparisons

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Japanese Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia commercials

I want one more Wii port to 3DS - maybe Mario Galaxy!

Switch!!!

TomaTito said:
Nuvendil said:

Is there any mention of the PS4 load times? I only see Switch and WiiU comparisons

Didn't see a load time cpomparison but it apparently isn't fantastic.  But even without that, the PS4 version looking exactly like the Switch version just with better AA and slightly improved texture filtering?  I mean they could have at least given it higher res textures or something.  That's all I was saying :P

fedfed said:
I want one more Wii port to 3DS - maybe Mario Galaxy!

I would much prefer to see a Mario Galaxy HD on the Switch instead though..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]