By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

FINALLY got to order a Switch off of Amazon, should be here Wednesday. =)

Zelda has been on my desk taunting me for the last couple weeks.

Around the Network

https://miitomo.com/en-gb/events/170331_1st_anniv/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well, there's not much I can say about Breath of the Wild that hasn't already been said, but I will say this much; its the first game in years to melt my jaded cynicism and make me feel wonder again. The way it weaves together so many interlocking systems and concepts so organically and cohesively is nothing short of magical.

Long story short, it's one of the best games I have ever played.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/848732800077275136

We're getting 10 orbs and 5000 feathers on April 7 for the 5 people like me who still play this game

Also, my Switch FC is SW-2721-8700-1042

curl-6 said:

Well, there's not much I can say about Breath of the Wild that hasn't already been said, but I will say this much; its the first game in years to melt my jaded cynicism and make me feel wonder again. The way it weaves together so many interlocking systems and concepts so organically and cohesively is nothing short of magical.

I would also toss in that though the voice acting quality can waver as direction doesn't seem to be on point all the time, I do really like the story a lot.  Mainly because of Zelda, who I think is my favorite character in the series and definitely one of if not the strongest written.  She's so human and her internal struggles and doubts are so well written and developed.  And her relationships are so much less clean cut than relationships between characters in other games in the franchise.  And all this via *flashbacks* and some text.  It's such a cool juxtaposition:  the memories create a pretty personal story and your adventures plus the Divine Beasts create a more epic and grand adventure.  And it's all held together by a fantastic sense of atmosphere and ambience. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

I would also toss in that though the voice acting quality can waver as direction doesn't seem to be on point all the time, I do really like the story a lot.  Mainly because of Zelda, who I think is my favorite character in the series and definitely one of if not the strongest written.  She's so human and her internal struggles and doubts are so well written and developed.  And her relationships are so much less clean cut than relationships between characters in other games in the franchise.  And all this via *flashbacks* and some text.  It's such a cool juxtaposition:  the memories create a pretty personal story and your adventures plus the Divine Beasts create a more epic and grand adventure.  And it's all held together by a fantastic sense of atmosphere and ambience. 

Yeah the flashback mechanic is a clever one as it allows the player to piece together the story themselves through exploration rather than following a series of objective points. But for me the real storytelling genius is the way the game's emergent gameplay creates unscripted events and encounters that will be different for every player, whether it be the now legendary Stone Talus vs Guardian fight, or a fire getting out of control, or a lightning bolt killing an enemy and saving the player as happened to me. Thanks to the game's intricate interactivity, we each create our own stories as we play.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

Yeah the flashback mechanic is a clever one as it allows the player to piece together the story themselves through exploration rather than following a series of objective points. But for me the real storytelling genius is the way the game's emergent gameplay creates unscripted events and encounters that will be different for every player, whether it be the now legendary Stone Talus vs Guardian fight, or a fire getting out of control, or a lightning bolt killing an enemy and saving the player as happened to me. Thanks to the game's intricate interactivity, we each create our own stories as we play.

Yeah, it feels like Nintendo focused the story telling on those personal moments and only a small number of the epic things like the Divine Beasts but left the adventure side of the adventure story largely to you to make.  Lots of epic things that would normally be written in are out there for you to experience if and when you find them.  And since the whole of your adventures are framed from the outset as part of your quest to strengthen yourself to bring down Ganon, it truly feels like you grand adventures aren't a side atraction but truly are a core part of your story, your adventure to defeat Ganon. 

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, it feels like Nintendo focused the story telling on those personal moments and only a small number of the epic things like the Divine Beasts but left the adventure side of the adventure story largely to you to make.  Lots of epic things that would normally be written in are out there for you to experience if and when you find them.  And since the whole of your adventures are framed from the outset as part of your quest to strengthen yourself to bring down Ganon, it truly feels like you grand adventures aren't a side atraction but truly are a core part of your story, your adventure to defeat Ganon. 

That's one of the things that impressed me most, how hands-off it is. In nearly any other game, a lot of the stuff that happens naturally in BotW would be heavily scripted.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

That's one of the things that impressed me most, how hands-off it is. In nearly any other game, a lot of the stuff that happens naturally in BotW would be heavily scripted.

Yeah, it doesn't save all the cool stuff for storylines.  Storylines have cool stuff but a lot of epic things are just out and about.  I love Skyrim and the adventures you have there, but let's be real, most of the really epic stuff is saved for it's 6 big storylines (4 guilds, main, and war questline).  It's mostly small detail type stuff which is all well and good and important.  But you don't get stuff like the Parthurnax reveal or Blackreach or stuff like that very much at all outside of the main story, the only exception being I suppose the Dragon Priests.  Well, a couple of them.

hey Guys, How can I add friends to the Switch?

Switch!!!