By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

are the review embargoes for other Switch games besides Zelda tomorrow too?

also going through the hardware reviews now, it's a mixed bag but nothing particularly surprising

Around the Network
Platina said:

Wow, a physical release.  Might pick this up, when I can get it 30 or lower.  See how that works, Square Enix and Playtonic?  

Of course it helps that unlike others I haven't bought Street Fighter 2 like 5 times :P

So idk if there is an official review thread on the switch or not but I found a review where the dude uses the switch + 30,000 mAH battery:

https://youtu.be/Dn72uuvnSUY?t=3m50s

Battery: https://www.amazon.com/30000mAh-Portable-Charger-Outputs-Micro-USB/dp/B01F8IRIN0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1473414536&sr=8-12&keywords=portable%20charger

"Takes 3 minutes from 0% to get enough juice to start"

"Takes an hour to gain 8% charge while playing with Zelda"

"Takes 2-3 hours to charge fully from being turned off"

Remember that the battery pack he is using has an MSRP of $75 USD which is more on the expensive end. Grr I wish it had quick charging T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

To anyone who preordered the Switch and or Zelda on amazon, does it say your order shipped yet, or does it still say not yet shipped?

15 Hours to go :D

Around the Network

So another review for Zelda: Famitsu has posted it's latest reviews, and Zelda got four 10s, perfect scores across the board.

Incidentally Dragon Quest Heroes got four 9s so it's looking like a pretty good version afterall...hopefully.

Super Bomberman R...didn't fair as well. Which is unsurprising because Konami IS Konami an Konami is the worst.

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-3117-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-awarded-perfect-score/

Nuvendil said:
Platina said:

Wow, a physical release.  Might pick this up, when I can get it 30 or lower.  See how that works, Square Enix and Playtonic?  

Of course it helps that unlike others I haven't bought Street Fighter 2 like 5 times :P

But pretty pricey..

Definitely won't get this at full price, but maybe when it's cheaper

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

RolStoppable said:
Captain_Yuri said:

So idk if there is an official review thread on the switch or not but I found a review where the dude uses the switch + 30,000 mAH battery:

https://youtu.be/Dn72uuvnSUY?t=3m50s

Battery: https://www.amazon.com/30000mAh-Portable-Charger-Outputs-Micro-USB/dp/B01F8IRIN0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1473414536&sr=8-12&keywords=portable%20charger

"Takes 3 minutes from 0% to get enough juice to start"

"Takes an hour to gain 8% charge while playing with Zelda"

"Takes 2-3 hours to charge fully from being turned off"

Remember that the battery pack he is using has an MSRP of $75 USD which is more on the expensive end. Grr I wish it had quick charging T_T

Did I ever ask you where exactly you sit down to have gaming sessions of several hours?

Its less about that and more about convince. Cause it's like, after the initial battery runs out, the battery pack essentially has to be connected to the switch at all times cause the portable battery cant charge it very fast. And the test was for a pretty high end battery pack where as the one I got is less than half that. So the throughput of mine might be even less.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

And the test was for a pretty high end battery pack where as the one I got is less than half that. So the throughput of mine might be even less.

The battery pack isn't what is limiting the charging rate, it's the device. A normal battery pack should charge just as good since the Switch doesn't support Quickcharging/Dashcharging/etc.

I have an old 10400mAh Xiaomi power bank which will work just fine.

PS: This is like getting a USB3 HDD for the WiiU when it only supported USB2.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"