By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

Just an observation of mine. When the Switch games were added to GAME.co.uk other than the launch games and MK8 all had TBC-2017 and this morning (I was going to post this 9 hours ago but didn't have time to finish before going to work) they have Splatoon 2 listed all of a sudden for 18th August release so someone must of edited them specific dates in. Now as I type this up they have all gone back to TBC-2017, So 18th August for Splatoon 2 seems about right and it's a Friday which is the main release day in the UK.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Nuvendil said:

So that Foxconn leak floating around is sounding fairly true.  But this all raises a question in my mind:  how do you guys thinik developers are going to approach this? 

I mean, there are three routes to take:

1) make the absolute best undocked version that runs perfectly and looks as good as possible and then when docked just up the resolution and add some image quality enhancements.

2) make the absolute best docked version that runs as you want and looks as good as possible and then just strip features and reduce settings until it runs well enough in undocked mode.

3) absolute parity so basically option 1 sans all the enhancements

I honestly expect we will see all 3 tried by devs.  I expect your home console centric devs will favor option 2 while handheld centric devs will go with 1 and 3.  Most indies will go with 1 because it is more cost effective than 2 but gives a more premium feel than 3.

Initially - many devs just target the HH spec and port 360/PS3/WiiU and even Vita and 3ds versions of games with minimal upgrades. There's close to no competition for Switch software, so it's a goldmine for publishers to get software out ASAP. This appears to be the route even Nintendo themselves is taking as much of their 1st year lineup frankly could have been technically possible on the WiiU.

The drawback here is that it may give people a false impression that the Switch is a lot less powerful than it really is.

I highly doubt you'll see much in the way of 3DS ports except where highly stylized games are concerned.  When it comes to Vita, Wii U, and PS360 games...the good news is to a lot of devs those platforms are dead so they don't have any Wii U, Vita, or PS360 versions to port :P

Versus_Evil said:

Edit: Tweet got deleted.

What was it originally? o:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Versus_Evil said:
Platina said:

What was it originally? o:

It was that switch ui with cave story on it.

Oh, another picture of that got posted

Pretty awesome

| |

WoodenPints said:
Just an observation of mine. When the Switch games were added to GAME.co.uk other than the launch games and MK8 all had TBC-2017 and this morning (I was going to post this 9 hours ago but didn't have time to finish before going to work) they have Splatoon 2 listed all of a sudden for 18th August release so someone must of edited them specific dates in. Now as I type this up they have all gone back to TBC-2017, So 18th August for Splatoon 2 seems about right and it's a Friday which is the main release day in the UK.

Good I'm betting/hoping on an August release as it would be great for me, only a few month wait until the inevitable holiday Switch deals.

Around the Network

More Fast RMX direct feed gameplay:

curl-6 said:

Awesome :)

I really wish they could get a physical distribution partner.  This game in particular looks substantial enough for it.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

I really wish they could get a physical distribution partner.  This game in particular looks substantial enough for it.

Maybe they will, FRN on Wii U got a disc release after all. :)

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

Maybe they will, FRN on Wii U got a disc release after all. :)

Yeah but it was an after the fact thing.  I would love to see them get a physical release same day as digital.  Still, there is hope.  I would love to have this on a shelf next to Redout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOXk8IJx4_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWBS_pzp3ZM

| |