By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
uran10 said:
BasilZero said:

:o.....Awakening is the only game in the series I played and finished so.......ya.

Newb.... need to vote Lyndis :)

Buy me a Switch and I'll vote for her.

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
It seems like that third parties finally realize that late ports of sports games won't do well and are releasing partita switch versions(NBA 2k18 and FIFA).
Preordering NBA 2k18 then

That was one of the most bizarre things with the Wii U was how it got ports of games that were plainly old news.  I mean, Skyrim is a fairly evergreen title and got a recent remaster but months late releases of Fifa and NBA2k are about as useless as it gets. 

Volterra_90 said:
Platina said:

Nice, what are your thoughts on the game?

Also any plans to play Revelations?

Pretty good, I probably prefer Conquest over Birthright because the maps are more complex, and the sense of reward was fantastic each time I've beaten a level. I'd love to play Revelations... now, but I'm saving money for the Switch so that'll have to wait. Maybe I'll buy it with FE2 remake. 

About which character I'll vote... I don't know, it's kind of unfair since I haven't played all the FE games, just Awakening and Fates. I guess we can't vote for villains? I love hammy villains, so Iago would be my, I know, really weird choice XD.

That's good. Seems like most do agree that Conquest is better than Birthright. I'm getting close to finishing Revelations but haven't beaten it yet, though I daresay that I like Revelations the most out of the 3. It sort of takes the best of both worlds and also has some interesting maps. No ninja hell is a great plus :p

If you really liked BR and C I would recommend trying out the third route but if you're getting the Switch, maybe it's best to wait a bit..

I'm really excited for FE2 Echoes o:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So I know Rich of ReviewTech has a...mixed reputation here :P

But he finally posted his actual Switch presentation thoughts today (he did a live react thing), and I was surprised to see he had a lot positive to say and was overall positive on the Switch. Just interesting to see.

Also, FE direct was pretty cool, looking forward to seeing more of FE Warriors and also bet we'll see some in-game stuff from FE Switch at E3 after the launch window stuff has been allowed to shine and they have had more time in development.

Weirdly enough, it seems that FE Heroes(the mobile game), is after all launching at the same time as the android version.The source is in Nintendo of America twitter.

Why they got it wrong on the Direct or if the tweet is wrong, go figure.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

So that Foxconn leak floating around is sounding fairly true.  But this all raises a question in my mind:  how do you guys thinik developers are going to approach this? 

I mean, there are three routes to take:

1) make the absolute best undocked version that runs perfectly and looks as good as possible and then when docked just up the resolution and add some image quality enhancements.

2) make the absolute best docked version that runs as you want and looks as good as possible and then just strip features and reduce settings until it runs well enough in undocked mode.

3) absolute parity so basically option 1 sans all the enhancements

I honestly expect we will see all 3 tried by devs.  I expect your home console centric devs will favor option 2 while handheld centric devs will go with 1 and 3.  Most indies will go with 1 because it is more cost effective than 2 but gives a more premium feel than 3.

Captain_Yuri said:

Oh god lol! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RolStoppable said:
Nuvendil said:

So that Foxconn leak floating around is sounding fairly true.  But this all raises a question in my mind:  how do you guys thinik developers are going to approach this? 

1) make the absolute best undocked version that runs perfectly and looks as good as possible and then when docked just up the resolution and add some image quality enhancements.

2) make the absolute best docked version that runs as you want and looks as good as possible and then just strip features and reduce settings until it runs well enough in undocked mode.

I honestly expect we will see all 3 tried by devs.  I expect your home console centric devs will favor option 2 while handheld centric devs will go with 1 and 3.  Most indies will go with 1 because it is more cost effective than 2 but gives a more premium feel than 3.

The vast majority of developers will take option 1 because they have been developing either handheld or indie games.

Yeah the Japanese devs we have seen especially I think.  I am willing to bet option 2 will be more popular in the west since they have no stake in the handheld business.  And option 3 will be most popular with either handheld only devs - Atlus's SMT franchise probably - or scumbags - Gearbox or Konami. 

Nuvendil said:
So I know Rich of ReviewTech has a...mixed reputation here :P

But he finally posted his actual Switch presentation thoughts today (he did a live react thing), and I was surprised to see he had a lot positive to say and was overall positive on the Switch. Just interesting to see.

Also, FE direct was pretty cool, looking forward to seeing more of FE Warriors and also bet we'll see some in-game stuff from FE Switch at E3 after the launch window stuff has been allowed to shine and they have had more time in development.

I like watching him specifically because he rails on Nintendo a lot. It's good to get all perspectives!

Nuvendil said:

Initially - many devs just target the HH spec and port 360/PS3/WiiU and even Vita and 3ds versions of games with minimal upgrades. There's close to no competition for Switch software, so it's a goldmine for publishers to get software out ASAP. This appears to be the route even Nintendo themselves is taking as much of their 1st year lineup frankly could have been technically possible on the WiiU.

The drawback here is that it may give people a false impression that the Switch is a lot less powerful than it really is.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016