By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Witcher 3 review thread, 93 meta on PS4, 93 on PC, 91 on XB1 [Mod Approved]

Will you be buying Witcher 3?

Day 1 156 58.87%

On sale 38 14.34%

After the Enhanced/GOTY edition releases 44 16.60%

No 24 9.06%

Total:262

wow really nice so far

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
chocoloco said:

Dude, no one cares how this compares to quality Mario games. They are nothing alike.

Huh? Talking about Metascore. Not Direct Comparisons 

Well, the thread being about the greatness of Bloodborne and games on a console that does not get most third parties is kind of strange. 

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

Some of these sites clearly have pushed hard this game like gamespot, and look at eurogamer poland giving it 100% right upfront. We know why they are giving it 100% because its made by poles. So a lot of these review sites cant be trusted, they are highly corrupt.

I don't think that's much the case though, you jumped from having a go at them for DLC that's free, then actual DLC for the future, then the game release and now you're having a go at the poles in general, I find you very hard to believe especially as someone pointed out with your sig along with your W3 VS BB.

Both are different games and both have different stories and atmospheres., BB got the scores it deserved and so will Witcher 3, that is the end of this story.

I meant eurogamer poland gave it this score because its a polish devoloper. Gamespot i dont know but they are too open word friendly and its annoying, so more open world a game is so higher the score except when it comes to nintendo. Their review of bloodborne pretty sounded like they were forced it to give it a 9 dueto a lot of other positive reviews.

The stuff i said still counts and CD project should be accountable for what they are doing espacially since they came out and talked like virtuecrats about DLC to later announce ''Expansions''. And just recently there are new news stating that the Xbox One version will run at 1080p scaled, just days after we knew that the game is downgraded. And we all know they have this marketing deal with MS.

Sorry for not following the masses and being not 100% positive about this game and CD project.

Looks like the game turned out great. Will have to pick it up when I finished up Witcher 1 and 2 (and probably upgrade my PC in the process).

Ruler said:

I meant eurogamer poland gave it this score because its a polish devoloper. Gamespot i dont know but they are too open word friendly and its annoying, so more open world a game is so higher the score except when it comes to nintendo. Their review of bloodborne pretty sounded like they were forced it to give it a 9 dueto a lot of other positive reviews.

The stuff i said still counts and CD project should be accountable for what they are doing espacially since they came out and talked like virtuecrats about DLC to later announce ''Expansions''. And just recently there are new news stating that the Xbox One version will run at 1080p scaled, just days after we knew that the game is downgraded. And we all know they have this marketing deal with MS.

Sorry for not following the masses and being not 100% positive about this game and CD project.

Well that's not really a no brainer, would you be standing against this if it were japan or Sony or PS4 related?, I highly doubt you would and saying "no" now would just be the smoking gun.

I don't recall GS being very open world friendly to games that are like that in terms of reviews, I remember an open world game like the recent PKM getting low scores and "too much water", places like Dtoid gave W3 an 8 which has confused some people but it doesn't really confuse me at all.

Would you have rather they scored BB at what they thought it ought to be at?, again I don't think you would, that goes against your praise and efforts to support BB.

See when I think accountable I think of relations to trouble or something bad, I don't see what CDPR are doing is bad at all, it's just something you happen to dislike and disagree with and that's totally fine because it sounds like it's just not for you just like how BB isn't for me and I've well and truly accepted Souls not being for me at all, only thing I want is for it to reach more people.

You also have to realise the XB1 version was never going to be on par with the PC/PS4 version, i really really don't get your stance on this because ever since I came here you've not really favoured the Xb1 so your defensive stance on it really puzzles me as if you're using Xbox as a shield for your own argument to then throw away and artgue against later, in this case you disagree with Witcher 3 as a game and the devs so you cite the XB1 quality when it's a known fact it;s not going to be exactly the same, the PC version at the end of the day will be the best one regardless of the slight downgrades, I'm not a fan of the downgrades either but I can't exactly blame CDPR because it;s not their fault, it's the weak hardware and it always will be till the end of time.

it's totally fine that you're not 100% positive about W3, it's your opinion but you have to really realise that your opinion just isn't a fact, or one that should be acted out by the masses, the scores are coming in already and they think it's a great game and that's all there is to it in the end, hell I'm totally shocked the PS4 version is the one getting reviewed more so than PC let alone XB1 which MS has the marketing rights to but in the end I'm not going to blame CDPR I'll just watch what MS has to say in the end because really it's their money, their deal, they have to explain.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Sad to see people getting upset about a game being rated well when it isn't even an exclusive either.

I don't understand why there is so much downplaying going on with this game when a lot of people were so excited and willing to give BB a chance after the great reviews it received even though they had never played/liked a souls game before. They are both obviously great games, there is no reason for these sinister reasons as to why they are both being reviewed well.

First Bloodborne with a 92 Meta, now this one... I can't be more happy than this :)

PS4 will blow me away :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Ugh, only 6 more days.

shikamaru317 said:
Qwark said:

It sold a million copies within 10 days and it's released on a relevant console, it's pretty popular. So I guess it wil win more than PS4 only awards. Best horror game is already a given and a high chance for best environment. Don't forget Halo 5 it can win quite a few awards even best game of the year.

Bloodborne is a horror game? It might have a few horror elements but I doubt it has enough to win best horror, not if SOMA releases on schedule later this year.

I'd love for Halo 5 to be a GOTY contender, but historically speaking Halo is often overlooked for GOTY in favor of best shooter, best multiplayer, and best Xbox game.

Bloodborne has one of the most frightening environments if you look at the details. Some bosses especially the great ones have very dark soundtracks which suit the horrifying look of the game. In my opinion that makes it more of a horror game than resident evil. Not to mention the lovecraft relations or how the game looks after you beat a certain spiderish boss.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Headshot said:
Sad to see people getting upset about a game being rated well when it isn't even an exclusive either.

I don't understand why there is so much downplaying going on with this game when a lot of people were so excited and willing to give BB a chance after the great reviews it received even though they had never played/liked a souls game before. They are both obviously great games, there is no reason for these sinister reasons as to why they are both being reviewed well.

This. Its pretty ridiculous.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3