By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Witcher 3 review thread, 93 meta on PS4, 93 on PC, 91 on XB1 [Mod Approved]

Will you be buying Witcher 3?

Day 1 156 58.87%

On sale 38 14.34%

After the Enhanced/GOTY edition releases 44 16.60%

No 24 9.06%

Total:262

shikamaru317 said:

Seems like they've been working on the Xbox One version right up until the last minute in order to implement the dynamic resolution feature, so they probably didn't want to send out the 900p Xbox One copies to critics, they'd rather they rate the final dynamic 900p-1080p version. Not sure why no PC copies were sent out though, that's a little surprising, especially considering the fact that many Witcher fans are PC gamers who are used to 60 fps and the fact that the PS4 version still has issues maintaing 30 fps (hopefully that will be fixed in the day one patch), CD Projekt should have known that would hurt their scores.

PC have more features and optimizations to be made than PS4/Xbone version... there is a new patch log 1.01 for PC... I guess it is because PS4 version was more optimized/ready to be sent to reviews... they choose the "best" version in terms of bugs/issues.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
alternine said:
Anfebious said:
Suddenly Gamespot thinks its fine to have glitches and bugs in sidequests, now it's normal for games to have those.

Also the combat is said to be really easy, thank god there is difficulty levels. Too bad the combat looks very boring.

Lol and que the downplaying.

I'm not downplaying! The combat really looks boring, just look at the Gamespot video. There where about 2 magic spells he kept using on the video and the same 3 hit combo for the entire 7 minutes that the video lasted. Looks boring  to me.

Agreed. Combat has never been Witcher and usually most Western game's forte. Western people should hire Japanese people to do the gameplay while they do the graphics and write the story. Combine the strength of both, don't think it ever has been done on a large production though.

The confirmed PC patch.

shikamaru317 said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Even with the Xbone advertisement deal, they still gave out mostly PS4 review copies?

Seems like they've been working on the Xbox One version right up until the last minute in order to implement the dynamic resolution feature, so they probably didn't want to send out the 900p Xbox One copies to critics, they'd rather they rate the final dynamic 900p-1080p Xbox One version at release. Not sure why no PC codes were sent out though, that's a little surprising, especially considering the fact that many Witcher fans are PC gamers who are used to 60 fps and the fact that the PS4 version still has issues maintaing 30 fps (hopefully that will be fixed in the day one patch), CD Projekt should have known that would hurt their scores.

I'm sure more reviewers have a PS4 than some expensive high end PC. They're not going to send PC codes to a bunch of critics that can't even use it. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The criticisms this game is receiving makes me think it could be a game that is considered overrated in the not too distant future. Similar to Dragon Age Inquisition, which scored an 88 on PS4 I believe, it has been criticised for the way it runs, the combat and the quality of the side-quests. The general consensus on DA:I is that it is not worthy of an 88, and personally I would agree, an 80 would be more representative of the game's quality. I think if the game remains in the early 90s, it may be looked at the same way by the end of the year.

Hopefully that is not the case, but regardless the game seems great and will definitely be getting a purchase from me in the future.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

The confirmed PC patch.

I am getting it in PS4 and many of my friends have pre ordered it at PSN. But for rest of the gaming crowd in my country its a different story. I feel sad for CDPR.

GameSpot likes interactive movies now?

Reviews look very promising. Right within my prediction too. Good. We need more games of this quality

#1 Amb-ass-ador

celador said:
The criticisms this game is receiving makes me think it could be a game that is considered overrated in the not too distant future. Similar to Dragon Age Inquisition, which scored an 88 on PS4 I believe, it has been criticised for the way it runs, the combat and the quality of the side-quests. The general consensus on DA:I is that it is not worthy of an 88, and personally I would agree, an 80 would be more representative of the game's quality. I think if the game remains in the early 90s, it may be looked at the same way by the end of the year.

Hopefully that is not the case, but regardless the game seems great and will definitely be getting a purchase from me in the future.

Oh, a consensus!  Link, please.

shikamaru317 said:
Fusioncode said:

I'm sure more reviewers have a PS4 than some expensive high end PC. They're not going to send PC codes to a bunch of critics that can't even use it. 

All of the biggest sites/publications have high-end PC's they use for reviewing PC games now. I'm not saying they should have sent out PC codes to every critic, but maybe they should have sent them out to the critics they know have high-end PC's, and PS4 copies to the rest. The sub-30 fps performance of the PS4 version is hurting their scores so far, several critics have docked points on their scores for technical issues. Of course many critcs will still review the PC and Xbox One versions after release, after the day one patch hits, so those versions could still meta higher than the PS4 version assuming that the day one patch fixes some of these technical issues. We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully the highest of the 3 versions will meta 93 or higher, that's what I'm hoping for.

It's going to score 90+ regardless of the version. And everyone already knows it's PC>PS4>XB1 if you rank them. I don't see the metacritic that big of a deal for GOTY.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!