By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Witcher 3 review thread, 93 meta on PS4, 93 on PC, 91 on XB1 [Mod Approved]

Will you be buying Witcher 3?

Day 1 156 58.87%

On sale 38 14.34%

After the Enhanced/GOTY edition releases 44 16.60%

No 24 9.06%

Total:262
Goodnightmoon said:
"the combat system still lacks depth, and structure as questing never changes. As it is, it's a perfect game for whoever like to dive deep into a believable and vast imaginary world, but not for gameplay purists."

"Sloppy combat and ongoing optimisation"

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a surprising failure as an open-world video game"

"the number of smaller and bigger issues can surprise (in a bad way, of course). It is an amazing game but right now the amount of bugs is simply too high."

I was not expecting this kind of coments, I´m surprised that the game is getting the same scores we though anyway.

lmao here comes the cherrypicking negative comments. Not even surprised. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Well if the game received another 8/10 it will go to 91 for sure unless it receives 3 or more 10/10 to contra balance.

You seem to really want the score to go lower lol

Angelus said:

You seem to really want the score to go lower lol

Nope... it is how it works... there is way more chance to a early Meta go down than go up for any game.

Even with the Xbone advertisement deal, they still gave out mostly PS4 review copies?

shikamaru317 said:

He wants Bloodborne to win the most GOTY awards this year, so I guess he's hoping that somehow Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, and Metal Gear Solid V will all meta lower than Bloodborne. I don't think that all 3 of those games are going to meta lower than Bloodborne, at this point Witcher 3 could still meta higher.

I don't choose my personal GOTY based on scores... 2014 was Destiny.

And I said it had more chance to BB go down to 92 than holds 93... it is really hard to sustain a high score... any "low" score makes the way to go up almost impossible.

Around the Network

Don't tell me this thread is going to devolve into some Witcher 3 vs Bloodborne crap. They're two completely different types of RPGs. Just appreciate them both for what they are.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

BOLLOCKS said:
Even with the Xbone advertisement deal, they still gave out mostly PS4 review copies?

Hummmm... there is no Xbone review copy sent... I guess they choose the most ready/optimized version to send to reviewers and it was PS4.

shikamaru317 said:
Anfebious said:

I'm not downplaying! The combat really looks boring, just look at the Gamespot video. There where about 2 magic spells he kept using on the video and the same 3 hit combo for the entire 7 minutes that the video lasted. Looks boring  to me.

Just because he didn't use the full variety of combat doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. There are 5 different signs (spells) each with 2 different possible variants depending on your skill tree choices. There are two different sword attacks (fast and strong) as well as a detailed stamina and adrenaline system. There's also the crossbow and craftable bombs. Combat in Witcher 3 is surprisingly deep if you use use every tool available to you. Witcher 3 combat looks like an elegant dance in the videos I've seen of skilled players playing it, perfectly timed dodges and attacks, traps, bombs, spells, etc.

I have a feeling that is the problem with this game. It sounds like Skyrim which had a lot of stuff you could use in combat but it wasn't neccessary. It can be as deep as you want but most of the stuff wasn't neccessary to make progress.

I did everything in Skyrim by using the flame spell and a sword. After 50 hours it gets very boring. But it was the most efficient method of killing enemies for me, so I never felt compelled to try out new stuff, because there is no enemy in the game that demands you to explore the other options in combat.

If you read a couple more of reviews you can see that people mark the battle system as nothing special. The destructoid reviews says it's fun but it lacks complexity compared to the first games in the series. I looked videos and it looks simple... Even the Gamespot review says it's too easy.

It's a shame because it looks gorgeous and sounds interesting but I already experienced this kind of open world game and I get bored fast with them.

If there is a demo though, I would be willing to give it a try just to see how the combat system "feels".

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Its back to 92, and all the reviews are for PS4, none for PCXbone, strange.

shikamaru317 said:

He wants Bloodborne to win the most GOTY awards this year, so I guess he's hoping that somehow Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, and Metal Gear Solid V will all meta lower than Bloodborne. I don't think that all 3 of those games are going to meta lower than Bloodborne though, at this point Witcher 3 could still meta higher.

I doubt that serious GOTY voters use metascore as a measure. But I think that Bloodborne released way too early and will drop out of people's minds and consideration by then. Witcher might have a chance, but I see it primarily as a battle between MGS 5 and Halo 5.