By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just ordered a Wii U

burninmylight said:
I would have went with a Wii-Mini. I'd be scared of a 7-year-old handling that expensive controller. Also, what's wrong with Smash? It's not any more offensive than any cartoon on Nickelodeon.

We have a Wii (was mine but I gave it to him)  . You don't think a 7 year old can handle the gamepad? 7 year olds today "grow up" with iPads and tablets etc, I think he'll be fine.

Nothing's wrong with Smash, it's just fun factor. I think he'll enjoy Splatoon more than he would enjoy Smash.

Around the Network

ninja buy

good tactic dude ..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spemanig said:
"I don't think Smash is the game for my soon to be 7 year old bro."

...Wha-??

See comment above, talking about his tastes/what I think he'll find the most fun, not that it's too violent or anything.

That's a wise decision.

bunchanumbers said:
Nice! Plus you keep your pride of not owning a Nintendo console but still have access. Its win win!

It's even worst to spend money for one by your standard.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
burninmylight said:
I would have went with a Wii-Mini. I'd be scared of a 7-year-old handling that expensive controller. Also, what's wrong with Smash? It's not any more offensive than any cartoon on Nickelodeon.

We have a Wii (was mine but I gave it to him)  . You don't think a 7 year old can handle the gamepad? 7 year olds today "grow up" with iPads and tablets etc, I think he'll be fine.

Nothing's wrong with Smash, it's just fun factor. I think he'll enjoy Splatoon more than he would enjoy Smash.

Just because they grow up with them doesn't mean they take good care of them. I grew up with books, then got mad at myself years later when I was old enough to read, but couldn't read them due to all of the scribbles. My nephews grew up with the N64 and Playstation, but would rip up the cords, put coins in the N64's slots, and throw PS discs like frisbees. I'm sure your lil' bro is a lot more responsible than we were (or at least I hope), but little kids are little kids. They don't yet  know how to appreciate and take care of things the way an older person does.

Congrats!

Hope you enjoy it.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

burninmylight said:
Teeqoz said:
burninmylight said:

Just because they grow up with them doesn't mean they take good care of them. I grew up with books, then got mad at myself years later when I was old enough to read, but couldn't read them due to all of the scribbles. My nephews grew up with the N64 and Playstation, but would rip up the cords, put coins in the N64's slots, and throw PS discs like frisbees. I'm sure your lil' bro is a lot more responsible than we were (or at least I hope), but little kids are little kids. They don't yet  know how to appreciate and take care of things the way an older person does.

Eh, I'm confident he won't ruin it. I got my PS2 when I was 6, and it still works fine. In fact I think it'll be better for him to learn some responsibility by owning his own thing, instead of using others' stuff.

Now you're playing with power

I think your brother will need Bayonetta as well lol