By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is the main reason you buy amiibo?

What is the main reason why you buy amiibo?

For the figurines (collective purposes) 99 59.28%

For the content it unlocks 18 10.78%

I don't care for the amiibo 50 29.94%

Total:167

Oh, and since I'm a jerk, here's a pic of some of my amiibo

(And yes, I don't unbox my amiibo, feel free to judge me.)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Mostly to have nice figures on the shelf but partly for content. I only have Mario, Link, DK, and Samus and I don't think I'll be collecting anymore. I was going to get one per games or series that I liked (so 3x retail for Shulk and Ness at least) but decided the criteria to be one per series+video game icon+game I like. Didn't want to get too crazy with it anyways lol.

tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

Toon Link looks great, I can't blame you.

Peach though... That's a bit creepy to own! (:p)

I only own the Samus Aran amiibo. I'd buy Toon Link if I saw it in a store though. And I might buy the boy inkling amiibo.

Waiting for Ridley amiibo? Going to start off at $129.99! (he's too big)

I'd buy it, but I'm not that fond of Ridley tbh. I wouldn't mind if they permanently killed him off.

Samus Aran said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
I don't buy amiibo as I don't care for toy figures nor for the in-game content they unlock as it's mostly trivial stuff. I say this while petting my Peach and Toon Link amiibo.

Toon Link looks great, I can't blame you.

Peach though... That's a bit creepy to own! (:p)

I only own the Samus Aran amiibo. I'd buy Toon Link if I saw it in a store though. And I might buy the boy inkling amiibo.

Well my options were limited as these were deals that I got em from, as like I said I'd never buy one! The Toon Link was supposed to be Kirby from the Rainbow Curse deal, but they ran out so I grabbed the last Toon Link instead, and then later got Peach from the N3DS deal cause I didn't wanna be cliche and get Mario. :L

Samus Aran said:
Wright said:

To rub myself up in a devious manner against Sheik's amiibo.

I thought you had a fetish with men dressed as females, not the other way around.
You'd buy a Birdo amiibo, wouldn't you?

You know, Nintendo can try and backtrack all they want about it, but Sheik is a male.

Around the Network

I buy them mostly because they're relatively good looking and cheap figurines of some of my favorite video game characters. Seriously, all of the ones I own look awesome (especially Toon Link) and the fact that they unlock some stuff in a lot of games is a nice bonus.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Wright said:
Samus Aran said:

I thought you had a fetish with men dressed as females, not the other way around.
You'd buy a Birdo amiibo, wouldn't you?

You know, Nintendo can try and backtrack all they want about it, but Sheik is a male.

and Birdo is a man............................... :)

collectables. I don't care for the in-game purposes

tbone51 said:
Wright said:

and Birdo is a man............................... :)

I know that. I was clearing up the misconception about Sheik back there :P

Skullwaker said:
I buy them mostly because they're relatively good looking and cheap figurines of some of my favorite video game characters. Seriously, all of the ones I own look awesome (especially Toon Link) and the fact that they unlock some stuff in a lot of games is a nice bonus.

Yeah, I want Toon Link over normal Link. He doesn't look good imo.

I love racing in my Samus costume in Mario Kart. :p