By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Smash Bros Brawl sells over 1.25 million copies on day 1

tombi123 said:
If you look at previous SSB installments you will find out that it hardly sells 1m lifetime in Europe (SSB 0.65M, SSBM 1.14M). Halo 3's record is safe... until FFXIII ;P

I doubt it. I predict that Brawl will easily sell 1m in others on week one.  Using historical data for Smash Brothers, as you know, will simply not do, if due to nothing else, the hype and review scores Brawl has recieved in america and the increased word of mouth from the Internet.

In my personal opinion, Brawl will likely outsell its American debut, in Others, and yea, I'm serious.

I predict that if Brawl breaks 2m in Americas this week, then Halo 3's record is gone, according to VGchartz numbers, at least. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

These are great numbers.

Wow. Thats awesome. Lets hope it has legs and doesnt drop to 200,000 in week two. Anyway, I've been playing Brawl so much, Ive been neglecting VGC!! Sorry !!! Back to Brawl!!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Excellent! Next big one is Mario Kart Wii!

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Those are some huge numbers, I expect strong legs for Brawl

Around the Network
wenlan said:
Excellent! Next big one is Mario Kart Wii!

MK will be LUCKY to open with 500k. MK games are not HUGE launches, just good launches.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I think my bet was for 1.8 millions ... so maybe i'll win something :)
GREAT number fo the big N !!!

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

hmm, i was right when i estimated 1.2 million for the first day. i hope it takes down Halo 3 in first week sales, not that a hate Halo (cuz i think that game rocks) but it's just because i love SSB and Nintendo in general more

@ Zen

I'm saying it won't. Games in EU tend to have bad openings but sick legs. SSBB will no doubt outsell Halo 3, but I think it won't beat its first week.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

tombi123 said:
If you look at previous SSB installments you will find out that it hardly sells 1m lifetime in Europe (SSB 0.65M, SSBM 1.14M). Halo 3's record is safe... until FFXIII ;P
 For Others:           Gamecube: 4.74 million
 N64: 6. 75 million
                      Wii: 7.18 million (Still growing)   The Wii actually has a good userbase this time and is going to be growing alot more by the time Brawl has it's PAL release...so it's a bit hard to call it out right now.