By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SALES UP!!---Average??

FreeTalkLive said:
izaaz101 said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
is africa included in others?

nvm they can only afford nes's. Lol

jks im black ahaha

Just because you claim to be black, does not make your "joke" right, funny, or stop it from being inoffensive.

I didn't even know it was a racial joke until he said he was black (I think that was the punch line).  Even if he meant it has a racial joke, it seems more of an income related joke. 

If it was an income related joke, I would have been fine with it (although it would still in poor taste). The real problem that I have with it is his attempt to justify the joke by stating he was black.

Around the Network

So, back to discussing sales, the PS3 is doing well. I keep hearing the shortage reason for the lesser sales of the Wii and the Low sales of the 360, but compared to a year ago, the PS3 is doing very well.

Anyone think the 360 sales went down because of the rumor that a price drop is coming? That would be the most logical answer.

Thats what I was thinking. Price drop and new model rumours.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

a 360 drop in Europe would have no effect anywhere else in the world.
The others numbers may be a little low compared to next weeks, since informed consumers may be waiting for the new lower priced 360's.

I wonder if the 360 will cut into the PS3's lead in that territory next week?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

A lot of people think there will be a price drop in the U.S. before GTA4 is released

You know there have been a lot of people claiming the Wii will pass 50% marketshare this generation.
Well it's marketshare is about the same now as it was on January the first, it has not increased at all.............

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
You know there have been a lot of people claiming the Wii will pass 50% marketshare this generation.
Well it's marketshare is about the same now as it was on January the first, it has not increased at all.............

Two words: "Supply Constrained"

Haven't you heard it enough yet? 

And people will continue to assume any deviations from past sales trends are "supply constrained" whenever they fall short of expectations and estimates.

MS even hopped on that explanation when NPD figures showed slowing sales. There may have been a transition in switching out holiday bundle inventory, but this was not to say that the 360 was sold out WW. Currently with the impending price cuts ahead, sales haven't picked up the slack left by the "inventory shortage" one bit.

In regards to the Wii, I can see where the line of rationalizing will go. Brawl will result in a significant market share bump for Nintendo. It will very likely be a front heavy bump seeing as how Japan sales saw a rapid fall off despite maintaining respectable sales (842k > 300k > 151k).

Then it will be WiiFit that is "guaranteed" to command a significant market share bump for Nintendo. However, sales for Fit should be more stable over time due to the Wii Play/Wii Sports demographic it should appeal to. Will it be single handedly responsible for continued increases in market share for Nintendo? About the same as could be said for Wii Play, which stands likely to hold a higher attach rate than Fit over lifetime sales. In other words, not likely.

Then it will be Mario Kart, a game with universal appeal for any Nintendo console owner, but by this point is there a significant number of Nintendo fans who have held of on the purchase of a Wii that long to buy Mario Kart? By this point, about the only Nintendo fans who won't have one are those who still couldn't find one on store shelves almost two years later and didn't want to pay non-retail prices.

The 50% market share assumption many were making seemed pretty dubious back in 2007 despite the continual gains the Wii made because they fell under the assumption that only Wii sales would increase significantly. Currently, the only thing that has changed is that it looks even less likely to ever happen.

If Nintendo doesn't announce a significant increase in production in the next month (most were predicting by the end of March), then a LOT of the sales estimates people have been throwing out are statistically impossible. If this major production increase was in the works, there would be no rationale for keeping it a secret. If anything, it would be an assurance to share holders concerned about lost earnings. Then why not? Because any potential glut in inventory could result in lost earnings as well. And the one thing Nintendo has done brilliantly this generation is keep an impeccably CLEAN balance sheet which is unheard of for Nintendo.

leo why are you posting with both accounts in 1 thread?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!