By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SALES UP!!---Average??

Strange I don't think anyone did well this week. That is one of the things that is strange everyones sales took a slide. The oddity with the PS3 was that the slide wasn't precipitous. This weeks sales read more like an adjustment then anything relative to last weeks numbers.

Around the Network
izaaz101 said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
is africa included in others?

nvm they can only afford nes's. Lol

jks im black ahaha

Just because you claim to be black, does not make your "joke" right, funny, or stop it from being inoffensive.

I didn't even know it was a racial joke until he said he was black (I think that was the punch line).  Even if he meant it has a racial joke, it seems more of an income related joke. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Aj_habfan said:

It also appears that guy has won 1 of 3 weeks for 360 beating PS3. If that bet is still going...

:)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

darthdevidem01 said:

WOW @ NOTHING....Average Week

Wii - supply problems

Ps3 - dropped

360 - dropped

PSP - same as usual

DS - The king

PS3 beats Wii in the others by 2000 units and you release a thread going nuts.

360 pawns the Wii in the USA, you release a thread calling it an average week where nothing happened........ 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I work with an african american...He is white, but he grew up in South Africa till he was 25 and is now an american citizen. He calls himself african american, but black people get really offended when he says this, just cause he is white. I was suprised when he told me this. I thought it was interesting... Any thoughts?

I thought the NES comment was funny, but im not black like the captian, so its not ok for me to laugh!

Around the Network
jankazimierz said:
I work with an african american...He is white, but he grew up in South Africa till he was 25 and is now an american citizen. He calls himself african american, but black people get really offended when he says this, just cause he is white. I was suprised when he told me this. I thought it was interesting... Any thoughts?

I thought the NES comment was funny, but im not black like the captian, so its not ok for me to laugh!

Well, in the eyes of the US government, he's officially white, no matter what he consideres himself.

Yeah, I see what you mean, he doesnt say it anymore, only when he first moved over here, he said he learned quickly that it means black and not technically "African-American" cause of the hatred white and black people showed him when he said it.

Anyone else actually scared of what the Wii figures next week will be?

I'm guessing a minimum of 300k in NA alone.

More like 1,000,000 for the Wii! Hey lets all buy 5 copies each of Smash Bros so that it beats Halo 3! (J/k)

Actually for purposes of racial identification in the United States it is an issue of ancestry rather then physical appearance. Strange as it sounds thanks to genetics and recessive genes it is possible for a black couple to actually have what appears to be a Caucasian child. Technically however the child can still declare as an African American. There are entire Native American tribes with blond hair and blue eyes that are still recognized as Native Americans.

Basically I think racial identification is a matter or nonsensical gibberish, but thanks to things like affirmative action we are going to have to deal with these outdated things for quite some time longer. None of my ancestors were from the Caucasus so why the hell do I have to list as a Caucasian for governmental documents.