By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe to say the WiiU is worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

LOL man ANY excuse will do. Where are those 100 mil plus Wii owners then? LOL it has to be a joke

About 80 million of them where casuals who didnt buy the PS4 or XB1 either.

I dont know what the reason for the failure of the WiiU is. The controller? The weaker hardware? The image? Only thing I know is thats its clearly not the games...

you might be right, it might not be the games or its the LACK of games, specifically the lack of games that people want to play that the other two are providing, hence why they blew past the Wii U despite the year headstart. 

OR the games they got simply arent as popular as people this website desperately want to believe.

Or maybe you might be right about the loyalty and Ninty hasnt earned alot in the past coupld of years. But lets not pretend people are buying systems just to buy them when software for PS4 and One are higher than that of WIi U.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

I dont know what the reason for the failure of the WiiU is. The controller? The weaker hardware? The image? Only thing I know is thats its clearly not the games...

you might be right, it might not be the games or its the LACK of games, specifically the lack of games that people want to play that the other two are providing, hence why they blew past the Wii U despite the year headstart. 

OR the games they got simply arent as popular as people this website desperately want to believe.

Or maybe you might be right about the loyalty and Ninty hasnt earned alot in the past coupld of years. But lets not pretend people are buying systems just to buy them when software for PS4 and One are higher than that of WIi U.

Its mostly COD, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Fifa, Madden, GTA and games like them...

Some of them are great, but if you want a fun and less serious game these days, you have to help fund the fucking thing.

Guess Im just not with the times...

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

LOL man ANY excuse will do. Where are those 100 mil plus Wii owners then? LOL it has to be a joke

I think it´s a combination of factors, but its failure actually 'started' well before it was launched, when Nintendo basically abandoned the Wii as soon as 2010 was over, 2 whole years with little support sent the wrong message, that was just one of the reasons, I think.

Worse selling but far from worse console they ever made. WiiU is actually a grest system. Pity gamers are bypassing it.

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

I can't believe that people still believe that.

And I also can't believe that this thread has gotten over 300 replies.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

Why not?

KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

Why not?

Cause it's clear as day that the games, or much more the lack of games, are a major reason for the Wii Us performance.

DerNebel said:
KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

Why not?

Cause it's clear as day that the games, or much more the lack of games, are a major reason for the Wii Us performance.

The WiiU has just as many games as the PS4 and XB1. It just doesnt have as many M rated games. I think we could use more games like Nintendo has and less AC, COD and GTA like games...

Ill give you the plot to every popular game these days:

Your world is shitty and you have to murder thousands of people to make it slightly less shitty...

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

Its mostly COD, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Fifa, Madden, GTA and games like them...

Some of them are great, but if you want a fun and less serious game these days, you have to help fund the fucking thing.

Guess Im just not with the times...

theres plenty especially on the indie scene. Of course they arent going to do as well as the blockbusters you just listed. Nothing you can do, majority rules, i dont see a sense in complaining but thats just me.

oniyide said:

theres plenty especially on the indie scene. Of course they arent going to do as well as the blockbusters you just listed. Nothing you can do, majority rules, i dont see a sense in complaining but thats just me.

Many of the indie games use kickstarter. The thing I now believe is the best thing to happen to gaming in a long time...