By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is forcing me to go digital, but I still want physical!

Been going with digital games for 3 years now, can't say it's bothered me much and the prices are usually cheaper for the games I want.

Grabbing W3 from GoG along with the pre-order to shave down the price and it being cheaper in general from there.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I just hate switching games. It's a pain in the ass and I have a short attention span to any one game. I play like 7 games in 2 hours. When I went digital, it was so I wouldn't have to get up. I mean, common, who doesn't have a remote for their TVs. Might I add as well that I run 6 miles non stop so I'm not chubs, I just dislike changing, mixing which disk is in which cover. What the hell is this, the future or 2003?

I went all digital this gen, but mainly because my 2-year old son kept messing around with my PS4. So I decided to get myself a 10m HDMI cable and hide the console real good behind the wardrobe in another room. Works perfectly fine and he has no idea where the console is. But switching games is quite complicated this way, as you can imagine. No problem with digital games.

That said, I prefer physical, just because you have that gorgeous collection sometime. I never sell any games. When my son gets older (and hopefully plays himself =D) I'll switch to physical again.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

aLkaLiNE said:
Physical all the way unless there is no alternative.

I always buy physical when available. Can't trade or sell a digital copy when you're done with it.

Around the Network

In the UK, it's usually £10-15 more expensiive to buy digitally.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Physical media has many more benefits, also we are talking about launch prices. New and used copies go down very quickley in retail.

I prefer to get my games on disc, but I realize that sometimes digital can have prices too good to be ignored.

Going digital is a trend. There is nothing we can do about it.

I usually go physical. I tend to avoid making transactions online unless it's EBay or Amazon in general. As a couple of people said above you can always sell the game and therefore get a couple of $ back.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Aeolus451 said:
walsufnir said:
After P.T's disaster one might reconsider going all digital this gen...

Really? It's just a demo. I hope that you're joking...

Oh, it really is a demo. A demonstration showing what can happen when you go fully digital.