By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is forcing me to go digital, but I still want physical!

OdinHades said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
I don't do digital anymore. I don't like the idea I cant play my game if PSN is down and I accidently logged off (which happened when it went down for days after CMas).

You can always play your games on your primary PS4 offline without ever connecting to the PSN. Only on a secondary console you have to be logged in.

You still have to be logged onto your account on the PS4. Try this. Disconnect internet. Sign out of PSN. Now try to play you digital games (without reconnecting to PSN).

When I was trying to log into PSN when it went down I signed out, but since PSN was down I could not sign back in at all. I could not play any of my digital games for several days.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Physical all the way, especially for a collector like my self. But i do have some digital games, most of it indies.

walsufnir said:
Aeolus451 said:

Really? It's just a demo. I hope that you're joking...

Oh, it really is a demo. A demonstration showing what can happen when you go fully digital.

Agreed.  Worst of all you can no longer re-download the PT demo which I fear this may happen to future full games.  I was already upset with a number of games taken off PSN for the PS3 that can never be bought again.  At least with physical you can find a copy second hand if they're no longer in store shelves.

where i am from Sony's digital store is generally 20-30% more expensive than getting a physical copy from an online retailer. i am not going digital with sony anytime soon.

I'm the complete opposite, I want to go Digital but Sony is forcing me to buy physical. Almost all games are £49.99 or £54.99 on the PSN store and the physical copy is between £34.99 -£39.99.

If every game digitally was £34.99 I would never buy a retail disk again and make Sony and the Developers more money by not re-selling my game.

The biggest example lately I saw of this was Final Fantasy Type 0, retailed at £34.99 (dropped to £26.86 5 weeks after launch) and on PSN store at £54.99.

Around the Network

Doesn't really sound like you're being "forced". I too prefer a physical copy but it feels damn good when it's digital and it's easy to switch between games without having to even leave the couch. Lazy, yes. Convenient, HELL YEAH!!! Right now I'm going between a physical copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition and Super Mega Baseball. Easy back & forth. Would be even nicer if PS4 were to put a game in suspension mode if one is digital and one is physical.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

I buy and prefer physical. I'd love to have some control of my games. I just buy digital when I see an interesting game on sale or when I can't get a game used anywhere else.

I buy 95% digital. I constantly remote play, and switching games is a pita with physical.

I also refuse to contribute to the used games industry. Gamestop is the scum of the earth with their paying $25-30 for a used game, then selling it for $55. Cheap ass consumer saves $5 but the developer gets screwed.

I resell games on ebay when I finish them. Digital is only for when I can't get the game any other way.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Physical is definitely worth it.