By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is forcing me to go digital, but I still want physical!

I'm sticking to physical, heck, i don't even have psn account yet.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
walsufnir said:

What is even more worrying is when you go physical but someone (who ever that might be) decides to not give any patches for your physical games anymore. This gen relies heavily on big patches, some day 1 which fixes stuff in broken games. So I guess in 10-20 years we won't be able to buy a PS4 or Xbone on ebay and play the games like today.

Point is we as gamers today rely so heavily on "internet" to make the consoles with games work that it's really worrying.

Compare to the good old days when a broken games was a broken game for ever.

Which games do you talk about? And being able to fix issues doesn't mean all really get patched. Most devs and pubs move on to new titles instead of fixing or supporting a product long after launch.

yvanjean said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

No you should support physical.

You might not want to trade or resell this specific game, but in other cases when you do want to, you wont have the option to if digital prevails over physical.

Over here in the UK, they are almost always more expensive on PSN than physical retailers anyway.

Just as an example, look at everyone raging asking for refunds on GTA V PC.

I got a refund on my Halo MCC digital copy by calling microsoft.

Thats nice to hear.

But unfortunately very few people who want refunds on digital content actually get them.

How about Sony not releasing Vita games physically in Europe, that's some ass shit.