By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US May monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

darkenergy said:
DonFerrari said:
Ps4 23... X1 28 and 39... Seems like x1 will score another tight victory this month. If only TheDrill were here.

TheDrill already showed who he really is, so he is irrelevant now since he is no longer here.

I know that. But there still have people that think the same.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
DonFerrari said:
Ps4 23... X1 28 and 39... Seems like x1 will score another tight victory this month.

Not so fast. Don't forget that the standalone PS4 is for some unknown reason not showing up in the weekly and monthly charts even though in the hourly charts it's been hanging out in the 40s & 50s most of the time. While we don't know what its overall monthly ranking is, considering its usual ranking relative to the two main XBO bundles it could be enough to tip things into the PS4's favor.

Wasn't aware of that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Shadow1980 said:
DonFerrari said:
Ps4 23... X1 28 and 39... Seems like x1 will score another tight victory this month.

Not so fast. Don't forget that the standalone PS4 is for some unknown reason not showing up in the weekly and monthly charts even though in the hourly charts it's been hanging out in the 40s & 50s most of the time. While we don't know what its overall monthly ranking is, considering its usual ranking relative to the two main XBO bundles it could be enough to tip things into the PS4's favor.

Yeah, I think the standalone PS4 is suffering a similar fate the XBO version of MKX went through in April. While it's not listed in the monthly charts, that doesn't necessarily mean it sold next to nothing based on what we have observed.

Ps4 will win, last months gap was so small ps4 could have won.

Playstation_awaiter said:

XBO won, this is the reason for why XBO will win even this time.

Doesn't matter if the gap was small, PS4 lose, that's why will lose even this time.

Even if PS4 could win April NPD, still, XBO have strong chance for beat PS4, because of course PS4 will have a bigger dropped than XBO this month.

And i seriusly don't know why you guys think XBO will have a bigger dropped than PS4. Some people also think PS4 will sell more than April in May. SERIUSLY?

This is the pre-batman bundle month, there is NO REASON for PS4 sell more in May than in April. The Witcher? Pls, last year PS4 was down with Watch_Dogs...

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Doesn't matter if the gap was small, PS4 lose, that's why will lose even this time.

Even if PS4 could win April NPD, still, XBO have strong chance for beat PS4, because of course PS4 will have a bigger dropped than XBO this month.

And i seriusly don't know why you guys think XBO will have a bigger dropped than PS4. Some people also think PS4 will sell more than April in May. SERIUSLY?

This is the pre-batman bundle month, there is NO REASON for PS4 sell more in May than in April. The Witcher? Pls, last year PS4 was down with Watch_Dogs...

i don't know, ps4 will win. It's one more like 16 months while Xbox has only wine 4 odds are ps4 will win. 

Ryng_Tolu said:

i don't know, ps4 will win. It's one more like 16 months while Xbox has only wine 4 odds are ps4 will win. 

??? So? because PS4 usually win, PS4 must win all time?

See what i alreay say.

Ryng_Tolu said:

??? So? because PS4 usually win, PS4 must win all time?

See what i alreay say.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Okay, I think I really need to make this clear.

NPD tracks the Big 5, which are Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Amazon. According to Abdiel, the PS4 won in Best Buy and having looked at the best-sellers list on Walmart online, PS4 likely beat the XBO in Walmart. The XBO beat the PS4 in Amazon, though the retailer only encompasses ~5% of the marketshare. So that leaves Target and Gamestop. Gamestop was offering a $125 for consumers who traded in a PS3 or 360 for an XBO and Target was offering $25 of free game credit for those who bought the MCC bundle.

People, including me, thought that the PS4 won because they thought buying habits were the same across the board, from retailer to retailer. However, this is not the case as Target and Gamestop had unique deals. XBO beat the PS4 by a narrow margin in April because it won Gamestop which holds the plurality of the marketshare.

So you can't just say XBO will win May because it won April. You need to look back and analyze why the XBO won April. Then, you look at May and ask yourself is the same thing happening in May as in April.

Aura7541 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Okay, I think I really need to make this clear.

NPD tracks the Big 5, which are Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Amazon. According to Abdiel, the PS4 won in Best Buy and having looked at the best-sellers list on Walmart online, PS4 likely beat the XBO in Walmart. The XBO beat the PS4 in Amazon, though the retailer only encompasses ~5% of the marketshare. So that leaves Target and Gamestop. Gamestop was offering a $125 for consumers who traded in a PS3 or 360 for an XBO and Target was offering $25 of free game credit for those who bought the MCC bundle.

People, including me, thought that the PS4 won because they thought buying habits were the same across the board, from retailer to retailer. However, this is not the case as Target and Gamestop had unique deals. XBO beat the PS4 by a narrow margin in April because it won Gamestop which holds the plurality of the marketshare.

So you can't just say XBO will win May because it won April. You need to look back and analyze why the XBO won April. Then, you look at May and ask yourself is the same thing happening in May as in April.

So what you are saying is that there were retailer factors that drove Xb one sales over PS4 in April that are not present in the market for May, which means Xb one should rop more in May than PS4 because PS4 had no reduction in retailer buying incentives between April and May. But on the flip side there is still the Batman effect. With the exclusive bundles (even the non-special edition bundle) there are downward pressures on PS4 sales that should move a noticeable amount of sales into June. I think what the batman effect will do is mean the aggregate of April, May and June NPDs will come out with PS4 ahead, but the individual month sales will be heavily skewed to June for PS4 and sales will be close for May, as they were for April.

As I said previously I think based on the larger gap on Amazon this month between the TLOU bundle and the 2 main Xb one bundles I give the probable win for May to PS4, but with Xb one still in with a decent chance. I think June through to Halo 5 month should be safely in the hands of PS4 with reasonable margins, and quite likely the Halo 5 effect will mean comparatively larger gaps in the one or 2 months prior to Halo 5 month (is that July and August?). Even though PS4 will drop in price the month Halo 5 comes out (seems like a no-brainer for Sony do drop the price then) the remainder of the year after Halo 5 comes out should go to Xb one. 2015 sales difference should be very interesting, it could be very close.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix