By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official E3 Microsoft Conference 2015- IT HAPPENED!!! Rate the conference- Post your thoughts!!!

Rate the conference!

10 40 14.87%

9 35 13.01%

8 46 17.10%

7 60 22.30%

6 38 14.13%

5 19 7.06%

4 4 1.49%

3 5 1.86%

2 2 0.74%

1 18 6.69%

Total:267

It gets a 7 from me.

Best:
- Halo 5 gameplay. A tad disappointing on the graphics side, but the gameplay looks great and the story has me intrigued.
- The BC reveal was genuinely surprising.
- Gears 4 being revealed with a gameplay sequence rather than the CG/heavily edited trailer i was expecting.
- Tomb Raider looks fantastic. Double points for showing a snow level :p

Worst:
- I was expecting a much larger focus on new 1st party titles than we actually got.
- Peter Moore.
- No major game surprises at all.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Good conference, but really didn't live up to "Greatest lineup in Xbox history"

Highlights:
-Backwards Compatibility: Huge news. Though confusing how exactly it'll work, with games being enabled separately, and you have to download the digital version, etc.
- The jab at Sony was funny.
-Recore: Interesting concept. Looking forward to seeing more. Too bad no gameplay though.
- Dark Souls 3: Nice to have it confirmed, but no gameplay.
- No Call of Duty!

Low Points:
-Rare: I'm glad they're working on something original, and I hope it turns out well,but that game didn't look interesting to me.
-Lots of shooters.
- Tomb Raider: Pretty looking game, but the whole segment was on-rails cinematic platforming.

What was the sony jab? I missed it lol

DerNebel said:
Seriously can someone tell me why I expected so much less third party stuff?

Phil stated a few months ago that they were going to focus on 1st party, I guess they took some games off to gamescom and had to put in some 3rd party stuff (which makes sense).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Rare's new game was disappointing
it looked like AC4 met dayz to me imo.
Recore was awesome though!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

One of the strongest lineups I've seen in a Microsoft E3 conference.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
iStrikeFirst said:
Hiku said:

Good conference, but really didn't live up to "Greatest lineup in Xbox history"

Highlights:
-Backwards Compatibility: Huge news. Though confusing how exactly it'll work, with games being enabled separately, and you have to download the digital version, etc.
- The jab at Sony was funny.
-Recore: Interesting concept. Looking forward to seeing more. Too bad no gameplay though.
- Dark Souls 3: Nice to have it confirmed, but no gameplay.
- No Call of Duty!

Low Points:
-Rare: I'm glad they're working on something original, and I hope it turns out well,but that game didn't look interesting to me.
-Lots of shooters.
- Tomb Raider: Pretty looking game, but the whole segment was on-rails cinematic platforming.

What was the sony jab? I missed it lol

"You won't have to pay to play your already owned 360 games on X1" or something along the lines

Mr_No said:
Carl2291 said:
Ohhh and by the way, no Call of Duty at the MS show for the first time in YEARS.

Sony marketing? I'm not sure, but they need somewhere to show the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did have it at this point. If it isn't at the Sony conference then Activision likely cut the marketing budget. I do think it's kind of weird that Sony apparently has both COD and Destiny now. 

I completely forgot that CoD wasn't on MS stage!!! looks like acti jumped ship

iceland said:
+ Rare Collection
+ New Controller
+ backwards compatible with 360 games
+ Tomb Raider
+ Halo 5
+ Recore

- Rare's new game (art style aside it looked meh)
- Multiplats
- Indies (I love indies... but not at E3)
- Fable Legends.... stop showing this game

ehhh I'll change my mind and give it a solid 7.

This sounds about right. Although i did like Cuphead and that one other indie game (Ashen?) looked decent too. I'll single out Ubisoft's multiplats as they looked the worst. Pretty decent show i'd say. 

Interesting thing was barely anyone clapped for Dark Souls 3. Could be the leak or too much Souls.

DerNebel said:
Seriously can someone tell me why I expected so much less third party stuff?

Because Phil said they were going to focus on First partys.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/20/8456445/phil-spencer-e3-2015-first-party-exclusive-games

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.