By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official E3 Microsoft Conference 2015- IT HAPPENED!!! Rate the conference- Post your thoughts!!!

Rate the conference!

10 40 14.87%

9 35 13.01%

8 46 17.10%

7 60 22.30%

6 38 14.13%

5 19 7.06%

4 4 1.49%

3 5 1.86%

2 2 0.74%

1 18 6.69%

Total:267
DerNebel said:
iStrikeFirst said:
Hiku said:

Good conference, but really didn't live up to "Greatest lineup in Xbox history"

Highlights:
-Backwards Compatibility: Huge news. Though confusing how exactly it'll work, with games being enabled separately, and you have to download the digital version, etc.
- The jab at Sony was funny.
-Recore: Interesting concept. Looking forward to seeing more. Too bad no gameplay though.
- Dark Souls 3: Nice to have it confirmed, but no gameplay.
- No Call of Duty!

Low Points:
-Rare: I'm glad they're working on something original, and I hope it turns out well,but that game didn't look interesting to me.
-Lots of shooters.
- Tomb Raider: Pretty looking game, but the whole segment was on-rails cinematic platforming.

What was the sony jab? I missed it lol

"You won't have to pay to play your already owned 360 games on X1" or something along the lines

lmao but they just released the MCC collection and now you can play the halo games you own for free 

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
Mr_No said:

Sony marketing? I'm not sure, but they need somewhere to show the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did have it at this point. If it isn't at the Sony conference then Activision likely cut the marketing budget. I do think it's kind of weird that Sony apparently has both COD and Destiny now. 

both are from activision 

MS started off great, sucked it up in the middle, closed it up good.

Not a lot of unknowns here, one new IP and the major one was BC. The bar was set relatively high for Sony/Nintendo. It would have been prohibitively high if they kept up the pace from the first 30 mins, but that was unrealistic.

Gears 4 looked great despite being like 16 months away from release.

iStrikeFirst said:

DerNebel said:

"You won't have to pay to play your already owned 360 games on X1" or something along the lines

lmao but they just released the MCC collection and now you can play the halo games you own for free 

Yeah, thats the kind of mixed message I am talking about. very strange indeed.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

I give the conference a good 7.

+Halo 5
+Rise of the Tomb Raider
+New IP Recore
+Backwards Compatibility
+Rare Collection
+Cuphead
+Gears of War 4

-Too much time spent on indies
-Too much time spent on Hololens
-Too much time spent on random third party stuff that we already knew about
-Really no major surprises

Again, good and solid overall, but too many things just felt predictable or boring.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I just thought of this. Sony showing COD doesn't equal marketing rights UNLESS they announce exclusive DLC, etc. They showed BF3, Medal of Honor, and more recently, Mortal Kombat X at past E3s and neither of those had PS3/PS4 specific marketing. We won't know who has the marketing until we actually see the game.

kowenicki said:
Madword said:

Yeah, thats the kind of mixed message I am talking about. very strange indeed.

I think thats called choice.

now you dont need to buy MCC, or if you want the remastered games... you do.

where is the mixed message?

Well if you already have purchased it then you are pretty much too late to the party, but on one hand phil was commenting that there were too many remasters, while making remasters while making a feature of backwards compatibility.... if you cannot see the mixed message in that, then I guess I cannot help you.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Can someone please explain to me what makes the Minecraft thing cool? I just can't wrap my head around what makes AR good for games...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Hiku said:
iStrikeFirst said:
Hiku said:

Good conference, but really didn't live up to "Greatest lineup in Xbox history"

Highlights:
-Backwards Compatibility: Huge news. Though confusing how exactly it'll work, with games being enabled separately, and you have to download the digital version, etc.
- The jab at Sony was funny.
-Recore: Interesting concept. Looking forward to seeing more. Too bad no gameplay though.
- Dark Souls 3: Nice to have it confirmed, but no gameplay.
- No Call of Duty!

Low Points:
-Rare: I'm glad they're working on something original, and I hope it turns out well,but that game didn't look interesting to me.
-Lots of shooters.
- Tomb Raider: Pretty looking game, but the whole segment was on-rails cinematic platforming.

What was the sony jab? I missed it lol

After the backwards compatibility reveal they said: "We won't charge you to play games you already own."
Sounded like a jab at Sony's backwards compatible streaming service, Playstation Now, and the way they said it was reminiscent of what Sony said bout them in 2013 and the "sharing games" thing. So I thought it was very fitting.

That jab was bizarre considering MS' previous stance and the fact that psnow is a rental service similar to netflix and not really a BC solution. If psnow offered a service where it charged you when you you put your ps3 game in the ps4 and then started streaming after that, then that'd be valid, as it is though, it was a strawman jab.