By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia---> Xbox 360 CONFIRMED.

TheLivingShadow said:

Ok, so some people here might remember me saying that there were some very strong rumors about Tales of Vesperia being made for Xbox 360 (it seems to be exclusive as of now), but now it's 100% confirmed by Namco. Take a look at the Tales Channel: http://namco-ch.net/taleschannel/index.html

Notice the latest update: it says 360 next to the game's name. And finally:

http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08105/1204891037809995.jpg

So much for Wii/PS3 exclusive. >_> However, I think this is a good thing for us american gamers because the game is very likely to come here now...stay tuned for more Tales news!

Lol, this has been known since GDC...and they pretty much said in the interview that there is a strong possibility they will port it like they're doing with Eternal Sonata.  But they won't start working on that until the 360 version is done and selling.

Eitherway though, doesn't matter which console it comes to for me---I'll be buying it on one of them! 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Wildcard975 said:
kingofwale, I see you don't own a 360 BUT you are in a 360 thread trying to down play the game.

If it was a PS3 exclusive, I bet it would be all praises coming from you.

Tales is a good series, don't try to bash it cause you have to wait for it in 2009.

Actually, Tales of the World is PSP exclusive. Do you see me praising it? MotorStorm 2 is PS3 exclusive, do you see me praising that? Those are just some examples.

Tales makes NO SENSE on xbox, Microsoft are better off using those money (they spend on time-exclusives) on something better.

In fact, I most likely won't even get the game, if it doesn't receieve favourable reviews.

I don't get it...  People bash the Xbox 360 for being a "shooter box" but when it gets games like this the detractors still complain.  This is part of their Japanese push and Microsoft believes that if they can get enough Japanese centric games on their system that eventually it'll reach some critical mass and Japanese consumers will start buying it.

kingofwale said:
Wildcard975 said:
kingofwale, I see you don't own a 360 BUT you are in a 360 thread trying to down play the game.

Tales is a good series, don't try to bash it cause you have to wait for it in 2009.

Actually, Tales of the World is PSP exclusive. Do you see me praising it? MotorStorm 2 is PS3 exclusive, do you see me praising that? Those are just some examples.

Tales makes NO SENSE on xbox, Microsoft are better off using those money (they spend on time-exclusives) on something better.

In fact, I most likely won't even get the game, if it doesn't receieve favourable reviews.

Guess what dumbass, RPGs didn't "make sense" on the PS1 since the genre had been a primary playground for Sega and Nintendo when it first came out.  In fact, no genre "made sense" from the point of establishment.  Sony was a newcomer, and they had to establish what kind of gamers were on their system.

The point is that Microsoft is trying to establish the Xbox 360 as being a diverse gaming machine, so it makes plenty of sense for them to cater to those who play RPGs as well as every other genre.  The fact that the PS2 was (and is) so popular among RPG players such as myself is not lost on them.

Kudos to Microsoft for being there to support these companies.  When the PS3 can boast a nice library of RPGs in 2009, I will definitely pick one up, but it sure as hell wont' be for the garbage that Square Enix has been putting out.  FFXIII can kiss my ass... they haven't put out a good game since FF9, and that was mediocre.

To paraphrase a famous line. Your not pissed about having it so bad. Your pissed about others having it so good. Your pissed that people who own a 360 are getting a heaping helping of role playing games. Not just role playing games, but the best role playing games. While your not getting any at all or crumbs off of our plates.

Microsoft isn't committing a crime against the gaming gods. They are doing what a decent consoles manufacturer is supposed to be doing. They are managing their library and keeping the experience compelling. You should be asking Sony why they aren't taking care of you. They should be buying exclusives for their customers. They used to do that.

Stop whining and stop blaming the competition for all of the screw ups Sony has made you endure. You want these role playing games then you know what you got to do to play them. You can't afford it hock the PS3, and buy the 360. You can always buy a new PS3 in a couple years when Final Fantasy finally comes out. Probably for a couple hundred dollars. What is so complicated about this is it pride?

I also like the logic that says, because it is on the 360 the title is instant fail. Especially when its doing the best job of moving the titles outside of Japan, and Sony hasn't proven a single thing. Seriously if PS3 owners are so in to JRPGs then how can they stand to own a PS3 it doesn't have any. Thats like being in love with basketball so you go to a hockey camp, and wait impatiently for the ice to melt. That has to be a prime example of brain damage. Why would you force yourself to suffer like that.

kingofwale go cry somewhere else. Your just being jealous and pathetic. So much so that its hard not to feel sorry for you. You must be terribly bitter and sad with your gaming choices. You know playing on a 360 will not dirty your soul. I am sure you can find a used one somewhere, or the arcade should be coming down soon.

Sansui said:
kingofwale said:
Wildcard975 said:

Guess what dumbass, RPGs didn't "make sense" on the PS1 since the genre had been a primary playground for Sega and Nintendo when it first came out. In fact, no genre "made sense" from the point of establishment. Sony was a newcomer, and they had to establish what kind of gamers were on their system.

The point is that Microsoft is trying to establish the Xbox 360 as being a diverse gaming machine, so it makes plenty of sense for them to cater to those who play RPGs as well as every other genre. The fact that the PS2 was (and is) so popular among RPG players such as myself is not lost on them.

Kudos to Microsoft for being there to support these companies. When the PS3 can boast a nice library of RPGs in 2009, I will definitely pick one up, but it sure as hell wont' be for the garbage that Square Enix has been putting out. FFXIII can kiss my ass... they haven't put out a good game since FF9, and that was mediocre.

Calling someone a dumbass for no real reason makes you the real dumbass.

Around the Network
Auron said:

Calling someone a dumbass for no real reason makes you the real dumbass.

Actually mistook him for one of the annoying PS3 trolls.  I've only been lurking these forums since last fall so some of the names blur together.

Still, my point still stands that this move DOES make sense on microsoft's part and the game does not deserve to do poorly just because it's not on the Wii, Mr. auron :P

Edit: btw, FFX was one of the worst RPGs I have EVER played in my life.  I guess if you had to pick a character from FFX to name yourself, Auron is the best choice, but still.... what a horrid game.

kingofwale said:
'hundreds of thousands' isn't really a big number. When this game release on 360, It won't even break 20K first week and 50K LT.

I'm willing to bet you that this game will definitely break 20k first week in Japan on the 360.

Just kiss the tip.

Wildcard975 said:
Wow kingofwale, I see you are a jealous Troll with alot of fury.

This Game is supposedly coming to the 360 around the end of 2008 and if its a timed exclusive (most likely is) it wont be hitting the PS3 until sometime next year to go against the juggernaught that is FFXIII.

So the timed exclusive pays off for 360 version, which I will be buying because in 2009 I and most Jrpg Fans with a PS3 will be all about FFXIII.

So have fun waiting, when you finally get the game I will be on FFXIII.

kingof wale as Wildcard see's him:A jealous troll with a of fury:

Come on, at the absolute worst, he's a friendly, kind troll 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Well in the other thread with the Interview w/the director and producer they said they wanted to release it overseas (NA) and the 360 does have the biggest userbase in NA for HD consoles (still overall in NA too), so the game does make sense being on the 360.

Plus MS probably helped a lot with the production costs (in exchange for the timed exclusivity), so Namco has even reduced the amount of $$ they need to make to profit on the game. Namco already has a really good relationship with MS (e.g. Eternal Sonata, Ace Combat 6, Beautiful Katamari, etc), so this just further reinforces that strong relationship they have.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

So much speculations taken as facts. So much hyperbole and inductions.
I guess we'll have to live with it for every XB360 japanese game.

Anyway, the developers themselves never talked about anything being exclusive.
Besides, what made this game on the XB360, is just that at the time they started the game (more than 2 years ago, as soon as they finished the previous one on consoles), only the XB360 SDK was available and usable. Of course, at the time, the XB360 wasn't even out, so they didn't know their investment would be a total waste.

I laugh at the people that still believe that these very japanese RPG are not going to bomb on the XB360, and that the american market will subsidize the game's cost. Other higher profiles JRPG on the XB360 already showed how they'll fare on this console. Only delusional people could deny it.

So the game is sent to die, obviously.