By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Answer this question: Which system is played most online?

PS2 system has more people playing online-Its #1 and the 360 is #2.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

PS2 system has more people playing online-Its #1 and the 360 is #2.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Didn't Nintendo release some figures last year about online usage of the DS and it was much higher than the 360? I forget the exact numbers.

Actually I think you will find that cellular phones are the largest online gaming system. More importantly they also receive the most online play. No console or hand held gaming system is likely to ever compete. You don't even have to buy games to play with your cell phones. I work with half a dozen people that play trivia over their phone at work no less. The most popular gaming device outside of cell phones is stand alone video poker. You know that piece of junk you can buy for ten dollars, and you have ten of them around your house somewhere.

I think the question is obviously in reference to the larger competitive console space. That being said yes the 360 has the far larger presence then any of the other consoles at the market. The machine was designed around online play, and online functionality so it is no surprise, and the best selling online game on the console is Halo 3 which has sold over seven and a half million units. Thats starting to get into Worlds of Warcraft territory, and its only been on the market for seven months. Sony would really struggle just to face off against that title alone. Ignoring the fact that its just one title on the 360.

To the original poster you are very right, and your friends aren't very bright. I recommend you make bets with them often worded perfectly so as to allow you to clean them out. I think after they lose enough money they will not have the energy to debate you in the future.

supermariogalaxy said:
^ LOL, did you have to pay them???

No, they weren't gonna pay me either and I was the one who won that bet.

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
I'm interested in what mistakes XBL had that PSN improved upon?

well its free other then that it sucks! when I can message others between games then it will be ok lag sometime not to bad!

What exactly makes XBL so much better than PSN? I mean if you're talking about online play, it's not too different, and come summer time, PSN will be better.

Username2324 said:
What exactly makes XBL so much better than PSN? I mean if you're talking about online play, it's not too different, and come summer time, PSN will be better.

Really!? What happens in the summer?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
Username2324 said:

Really!? What happens in the summer?

I wouldn't say better, but more attractive may be a better description. At the end of the day, as long as the PSN is free, I would prefer it (unless I can get one HELL of a deal for XBL), but that's just me. Just like Steam vs Games For Windows Live. . .