By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Is Restricted To Having 6 Games In China, Banned Games Are Confiscated Along With Console And Fined

I think that I would prefer consoles to be banned than to only have Knack to play

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
Wait, we know 200k PS4s were shipped at launch? News to me. Pity VGC didn't even bother to account for the Chinese launch...

I think that the author of the news makes a terrible mistake or manufacturing spurious news,unless sony will be shipping once in each year,because 200k is sony's anual shipments aim...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909092

...The PS4 launched in China earlier this year with a shipment of 200,000 consoles from Sony. The console can (officially) only be purchased in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, where it retails for 2,900 RMB, or around $470.

The blue part redirects to an article of october 2014 that says that sony's is preparing to ship 200k in December...

The journalist presents his assumption as a fact,so we don't know anything about the launch of ps4...

ReimTime said:
200,000 shipments in China? Finally some numbers!

Not really,just a misleading article!

roll_Whisperer said:
Wait, we know 200k PS4s were shipped at launch? News to me. Pity VGC didn't even bother to account for the Chinese launch...

look my answer to troll-whisperer...

I think that the author of the news makes a terrible mistake or manufacturing spurious news,unless sony will be shipping once in each year,because 200k is sony's anual shipments aim...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909092

...The PS4 launched in China earlier this year with a shipment of 200,000 consoles from Sony. The console can (officially) only be purchased in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, where it retails for 2,900 RMB, or around $470.

The blue part redirects to an article of october 2014 that says that sony's is preparing to ship 200k in December...

The journalist presents his assumption as a fact,so we don't know anything about the launch of ps4...

If they were going to start doing this with PS4 owners, it makes me wonder why they allowed the console to be region free in the first place...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

tak13 said:

Not really,just a misleading article!

look my answer to troll-whisperer...

Ah ok damn

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

This stinks.

tak13 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

I read that, but if they were going to be shipping 200k in December, I see no reason why they wouldn't do the same in March. Doesn't change anything I said in my initial post. Sony shipped 200k at launch an expects to ship 200k per year after that.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

This... this is why I don't live in China

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Well, most people in China who play PS4 just import the games from Japan/Hongkong anyways.

We knew the part about 6 games, and the part about them confiscating is kinda non-news at this point. We know it's illegal, but it's impossible to enforce, at least on a noticeable scale. It's like pirating. No one gets caught.