By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix explains why Final Fantasy XV is a boys-only road trip

celador said:
Glad they are not changing their vision of the story because of player feedback. X-2 was all female right? Everyone seemed ok with that, so I don't see a problem here.

No, FFX-2 is among the most hated FF games and is considered to have a shallow lineup. In addition, it was a spinoff, not a mainline series game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I can understand the disappointment about the lack of female characters as I too am disappointed about it, but at the same time, they have a very good reason for that. Not every games needs all these female characters, but then you have to face the possible consequence of not appealing to gamers of that gender. Naturally the same goes for games with all male characters as well.

tl;dr: They're doing the right thing.

Who cares what others think. If Square had this vision to have an all male cast then let it be. Those that complain can just shut up and try making their own game instead.

The guy who decided that Cidney shouldn't be a party member is a dick.

But that's what happens when you take Kingdom Hearts as your source of inspiration.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I would gladly see this chick
taking place of PromotoGayomto.

Around the Network

not this crap again

Wright said:

Hajima Tabata confirms that they won’t add a new female character or remove Promto:

"In terms of adding a female character to the party, our concept is that this about following the foursome's journey in an environment where they can be themselves, and thereby allowing the player to feel like they are travelling with them. So removing Prompto, who was the least favourite, and replacing him with a new female character just doesn't sound right." - Source

No girls allowed, they have cooties. /s

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Anfebious said:

But that's what happens when you take Kingdom Hearts as your source of inspiration.

Because that's a bad thing? Lol no.

Anfebious said:

The Bouncer is the actual source of inspiration for this. And it's way worse.

Yes, only these three guys are playable in story mode.

Player2 said:

The Bouncer is the actual source of inspiration for this. And it's way worse.

Yes, only these three guys are playable in story mode.

LOL, the bouncer. Now that's a provocative name, almost sounds like the name for a hardcore Yaoi.

PS: The guy in the left looks sooo passive!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"