By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix explains why Final Fantasy XV is a boys-only road trip

"That's just sexist!" said a feminist. Anyway, I can understand why, but if you can't change party members, that just sucks.

And Cindy isn't supposed to be erotic? What? She gives all kinds of vibes to make hentai about her.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

why does anybody care what an article has to say .. its all politics nothing to do with gaming.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I really don't understand why it should matter. If they want an all male party, fine. If they want an all female party, fine. If they want a combination of every possible gender and sexual orientation, fine.

Gender politics should have no bearing on what kind of story someone should be able to tell, and while their reasoning is a little spotty in places, i'm glad to see they're not caving in to pressure.

: / aw, having a female character would have been funny to have. She could have been 'one of the guys' and be teased by the dudes, or something. An all dude party is just a sad sausage fest, haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It shouldn't even be explained, Final Fantasy has a long history of great female character both as playable characters or just main cast. The games cast always has purpose so its obviously not just oversight like it is certain other games

Around the Network

They're going to do a FFXV-2. It takes too long to do mainline FF nowadays so rather than having us wait another 7-8 years we'll get XV-2 within 2-3 years. I bet 100 bucks the sequel will have female characters, could be all female even.

After seeing Cindy, I now want this game. Well done Squeenix, well done.

I'd rather they just said that the reason was because they didn't want to add a female party member; rather than creating some wishy-washy reasoning. I don't see why I need to play as a male character to feel more manly; similarly playing as a female character doesn't make me feel more girly. They shouldn't really have to acknowledge it, really.

As for Cindy, I understand that logic. Not every female character has to be used as a sex symbol after all, and she looks like she fits the role well at first glance. But most importantly I merely want to play the game at this time.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

But yeah, I'd really wish to play with Luna(black haired girl) and Stella. Square finally has good looking female characters again and they won't let us play as them, that's just WRONG. Make up for the failure that was Lightning and Vanille.

Seems cool if they make that "brotherhood" kinda feeling ala "Stand by me"