By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Rumors] Transcripts about Konami vs. Kojima situation

New Nintendo exclusive revealed at E3, Iron Cog Firm.

Around the Network

That really sounds unbelievable. However, if even half of that is true, it's a pretty messed up situation.

gatito said:
newsynthetic said:

If this is true then Square Enix will be the largest gaming Publisher in Japan, I think they already are at this point. I hope Square Enix allows Kojima to join them (vice versa), he need to continue to make high budget games preferable to stay 3rd party. Nintendo makes high quality but most low budget games and they suck at multiplayer. I hope Kojima never joins Nintendo, would rather he join Sony (SCE) because they have more of a infrastructure to support Kojima's type of games.

Are you high?

Yes...

Dr.Vita said:
Hope that Kojima will go now to Playstation.

I'd rather him go indie with a few other guys and release something the way he wants. If he DOES get with another huge publisher like Sony, he'd better have 100% freedom.

Around the Network

I don't believe anything on the internet these days.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

No way that's a corp email. Don't make sense for Konami to sabotage their best developer while he is busy making their next big title. If anything too much pride got in the way between some executives and Kojima either over salary, cost reduction, or time that effected Kojima personally.

Lastgengamer said:

If there is any truth to this why couldn't konami just sell the IPs of Metal Gear and Silent Hill along with Kojima productions to a company that would like having highly acclaimed games? If mobile and gambling is the focus.

Then Konami can't keep porting the games to mobile devices over and over. It's free money. That's why companies abandon properties. But never sell them off to continue. When they're endager. 'Cause they fucked up somehow. Let's port stuff mode goes on.

fake of course

That was corny.