By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Project Cars&FormulaOne2015" without 1080p on XboxOne.honest reasons,why..

1080p/Full HD - is that important for you ?

Of course!! Its very pretty! 19 29.23%

Yes,because its a next gen console 32 49.23%

No, i think. 4 6.15%

definitely no 7 10.77%

see results 1 1.54%

no idea 1 1.54%

Total:64

LemonSlice said:

Is it really? I thought it was all about the RAM. I mean you can render 4K with much lesser GPUs.

You can?

There is not GPU that handle 4k fine in the market yet. You need to go with DualGPUs or SLI/Crossfire.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

Before this goes into a shitfest real quick, heres your answer.

Because a stable framerate effects gameplay more than resolution, if the hardware can't hit the same performance with the same resolution, dropping the resolution to achieve that is more desireable than shipping a game with choppy framerates.

Best answer.

Quoting it so more people see it.

I for one would not have bought a "next-gen console" if it was any weaker than the PS4 is, when most release day exclusives were not even 1080p on the XB1 (many 720p!!!) I would just have passed my turn...I also play on PC, so I have a choice.

So, no the performance level of the XB1 is not acceptable for a piece of hardware released in late 2013, not one that people have the intention to play games on... it's like releasing a blue ray player that only plays movies at 720p, nobody will want it.

Add to this that more games seems to have frame rate problems on the XB1 than on the PS4 (long drops below 30fps, screen tearing, etc.)... There is a reason why it's the cheaper option.

wow you guys are waay off point. i opened up my ps4 and found out it was made of sugar and spice and everything nice while the xbox is made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

Just to put my opinion.

PS4 is weak... I know that and I expected at least a 2.5TFLOPs GPU but we get only 1.84TFLOPs GPU... saying that if you thing about the Xbone GPU (1.31TFLOPs) you will see it is even a step below what PS4 have... it is even weaker.

Both have weak CPUs... to be fair the CPUs are shits... it is not only that AMD doesn't make more strong CPUs but the fact they choose to cap everything in CPU shows how weak it is... it is even weaker than a mobile Atom.

All they did was create a machine based in low costs.

And I was all happy to pay more $100 to have a PS4 with a 2.5TFLOPs GPU and better CPU.

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

MGS GZ has 720p on XboxOne (on PS3/360 too)

Last gen versions are actually 992x720. Not true 720p and struggles to maintain 30 fps.

An honest reason is some notable Japanese games have been poorly optimized for the X1 and understandable why. They aren't a priority.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

alabtrosMyster said:

I for one would not have bought a "next-gen console" if it was any weaker than the PS4 is, when most release day exclusives were not even 1080p on the XB1 (many 720p!!!) I would just have passed my turn...I also play on PC, so I have a choice.

I settled with less power but I'm getting first party games that actually appeal to me. That's the trade off you have to make sometimes. This is why Nintendo fans (Wii/WiiU/3DS) choose a their platforms as well.

Some of the games I'm spending many hours with aren't on PC either.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ethomaz said:
Just to put my opinion.

PS4 is weak... I know that and I expected at least a 2.5TFLOPs GPU but we get only 1.84TFLOPs GPU... saying that if you thing about the Xbone GPU (1.31TFLOPs) you will see it is even a step below what PS4 have... it is even weaker.

Both have weak CPUs... to be fair the CPUs are shits... it is not only that AMD doesn't make more strong CPUs but the fact they choose to cap everything in CPU shows how weak it is... it is even weaker than a mobile Atom.

All they did was create a machine based in low costs.

And I was all happy to pay more $100 to have a PS4 with a 2.5TFLOPs GPU and better CPU.

Yeah, both went the cheap way by not making hardware that will be financed by software in the beginning. Sony even had a lot of luck that they didn't even end up with 4gb of ram which would've hurt the console immensely.

Right now I still didn't enter next gen and I don't know if I ever will, to be honest. Still waiting for a game that convinces me to do so.

well because the PS4 is a bit more powerful. Simple as that. If developers want to get the best out of the consoles, there will always be a difference in either resolution or framerate, effects etc.

eSRAM usage isn´t optimal atm - that´s what i think.
may change with the new eSRAM-API that directX 12 will bring to X1.

memory-bandwidth is probably more important than raw GPU power for current hardware.
if eSRAM usage improves, X1 performance will probably see huge improvements too.
but for that to be answered we have to wait for the first and second waves of DX12 games to be released.

anyway, i am a little pissed that those 2 racers won´t be 1080p on X1.