By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Project Cars&FormulaOne2015" without 1080p on XboxOne.honest reasons,why..

1080p/Full HD - is that important for you ?

Of course!! Its very pretty! 19 29.23%

Yes,because its a next gen console 32 49.23%

No, i think. 4 6.15%

definitely no 7 10.77%

see results 1 1.54%

no idea 1 1.54%

Total:64

Meh. I've never been bothered by frame rate OR resolution. If a game is fun, I'll enjoy it and admittedly this whole resolution war is discernable at best.

To directly answer the question OP, it boils down to one thing - optimization. How much time is a Dev willing to put in to make it reach a certain criteria? Or, what would you need to sacrifice?

Whether or not devs have gotten lazy or games have just become too advanced is an entirely separate thread.

Around the Network
KreshnikHalili said:
eSRAM usage isn´t optimal atm - that´s what i think.
may change with the new eSRAM-API that directX 12 will bring to X1.

memory-bandwidth is probably more important than raw GPU power for current hardware.
if eSRAM usage improves, X1 performance will probably see huge improvements too.
but for that to be answered we have to wait for the first and second waves of DX12 games to be released.

anyway, i am a little pissed that those 2 racers won´t be 1080p on X1.

I don't think DX12 have anything to do with the bolded part.

X1 a lot of features of DX12... it is already close to free CPU overhead (what DX12 is supose to do in PC).

Barozi said:
well because the PS4 is a bit more powerful. Simple as that. If developers want to get the best out of the consoles, there will always be a difference in either resolution or framerate, effects etc.

that´s just half the story though. X1 has strengths in some aspects over PS4 too. but who cares. fact is, X1 struggles more to achieve 1080p.

ethomaz said:
KreshnikHalili said:
eSRAM usage isn´t optimal atm - that´s what i think.
may change with the new eSRAM-API that directX 12 will bring to X1.

memory-bandwidth is probably more important than raw GPU power for current hardware.
if eSRAM usage improves, X1 performance will probably see huge improvements too.
but for that to be answered we have to wait for the first and second waves of DX12 games to be released.

anyway, i am a little pissed that those 2 racers won´t be 1080p on X1.

I don't think DX12 have anything to do with the bolded part.

X1 a lot of features of DX12... it is already close to free CPU overhead (what DX12 is supose to do in PC).

It was stated that with the release of DX12 a new eSRAM API for X1 will be released too.
http://gamingbolt.com/dx12-should-remedy-the-resolution-issue-on-the-xbox-one-esram-to-receive-new-api

Thats like asking why a Ferrari is faster than a Volkswagen. Just better under the hood, since both now use the same amd just a little beefier on ps4 and development is nearly the same. Its not that much more power and in the future it might be negligible, but its there.

The only diference with ferrari and volkswagen is that the price of the ps4/x1 is not like 10x of diference.

I dont care about wich looks better, but if I had neither console and a game I like is coming out and the only diference is the ps4 has a few more pixels, I might as well go for the few extra pixels. Just feels like I got more for my money. But where i to already have an X1, I just would not care that my version has a little less raphics if it plays the same and has the same content.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Well, we don't *exactly* know why both of these games aren't 1080p because it could be either
* performance
* size of esram
or a combination of both.

To Konami games: The Fox engine uses a deferred renderer which is heavily relying on size in memory which Xbone only has on slow DDR3 ram and way too less on incredibly fast esram.

okay, thank you for the answer. interesting.

the poll is exciting - 1080p are important for the people/player. i think so too.

KazumaKiryu said:
walsufnir said:
Well, we don't *exactly* know why both of these games aren't 1080p because it could be either
* performance
* size of esram
or a combination of both.

To Konami games: The Fox engine uses a deferred renderer which is heavily relying on size in memory which Xbone only has on slow DDR3 ram and way too less on incredibly fast esram.

okay, thank you for the answer. interesting.

the poll is exciting - 1080p are important for the people/player. i think so too.

I wonder what people will say if something like PSNow is the future when image quality is that important for them.