By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you still predict +20,000,000 PS4 and +10,000,000 million XBO this year?

:D

PS4 will sell +20,000,000... 34 15.96%

PS4 will sell +20,000,000... 80 37.56%

PS4 will sell under 20,00... 34 15.96%

PS4 will sell under 20,00... 64 30.05%

Total:212

PS4 more than 20 million, one less than 10 million.

Around the Network

For the PS4, it largely depends on how much Sony will cut the price. My prediction is a large range because of the uncertainty: 15m-19m

Coming from the most recent Xbox family shipments, the XBO appears to be flat. Sales should slightly improve in April-June since Batman + The Witcher >> Evolve + Hardline. It's really hard to say how many XBO's MS shipped last year, but I believe it was around 8 million. My range will be between 8m-10m.

both will be unter

ps4 sold in 15.4 million in CY 2014
ps4 is already down YoY first quarter in the us by 50k units and 150k in japan

Ps4 should be up in the second quarter thanks to more games and better pricepoints, but will be down in the third quarter, because there is no destiny and no white console bunde (japan q3 should be up, but won't make a huge difference)

So all comes down to the holiday quarter. and yeah there is no way they will ship more than 10 or even 11 million consoles this holiday season. not even with a pricecut to 299

if it come to xbox one, 10m is way easiser to achive, but still very hard
xbox one alone probably needs up to 7m units in the holiday quarter, to reach the 10m goal

microspot said:
both will be unter

Ps4 should be up in the second quarter thanks to more games and better pricepoints, but will be down in the third quarter, because there is no destiny and no white console bunde (japan q3 should be up, but won't make a huge difference)

So all comes down to the holiday quarter. and yeah there is no way they will ship more than 10 or even 11 million consoles this holiday season. not even with a pricecut to 299

xbox one alone probably needs up to 7m units in the holiday quarter, to reach the 10m goal

O.o

XB360 have sold in the best holiday 6,650,000 according to VGChartz... and is also massive overtracked in the US... (nearly 700,000...)

Ryng_Tolu said:
microspot said:
both will be unter

O.o

XB360 have sold in the best holiday 6,650,000 according to VGChartz... and is also massive overtracked in the US... (nearly 700,000...)

ill talk about shipped numbers.
but as i said, i will be hard.

6.5m shipped could be enough to reach 10m (3.5m the first three quarter is perfectly reasonable)

If we talk about sold throug, its even harder to achive for both. 
10m sold throuhg xbox one and 20m sold throuhg ps4 2015? impossible!

edit: while the ps4 sell in for CY 2014 was 15.4 million, they sold throuhg only 14.3m million units
to achive 20m sold through, the need to increase the sales by exactly 40%

Around the Network

Never did, still think somewhere around 17 million PS4 and 9-9.5 million One, made in January as usual, my LT predictions for end of 2015 are in my sig, I never change them throughout the year.

I can see the XB1 reaching 20 million this year, while the PS4 will reach 37-38 million.

ethomaz said:
I don't think Xbone will sell 10 million this year... from Jan to Dec it will be down compared to last year so that mens:

XB1: ~7.5m

PS4 will be a bit up from Jan to Dec and that means:

PS4: ~15m

Where you guys are getting theses 10m and 20m when they sold last year way less than that?

Those predictions were made last year and very few consoles peak in year 1

I think Xbox One will sell 10m

3m by end of august

7m between september and 1st week of Jan.

PS4 will be harder to say because we don't know what exclusives are coming in the second half of the year. Right now I'll say 17m assuming they have a pricecut+a big holiday game even if it isn't Uncharted levels

aLkaLiNE said:

According to VGChartz the YTD numbers are

PS4 ~ 2.38 million
X1 ~ 1.04 million

These are the numbers up to March 21st, 2015.
There are undoubtedly some tracking errors but I figured this information would be useful to the OP.

Yeah, we know X1 is undertracked in the US from NPD.