By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you still predict +20,000,000 PS4 and +10,000,000 million XBO this year?

:D

PS4 will sell +20,000,000... 34 15.96%

PS4 will sell +20,000,000... 80 37.56%

PS4 will sell under 20,00... 34 15.96%

PS4 will sell under 20,00... 64 30.05%

Total:212

This was the prediction of many user by ending 2014/starting 2015. (i'm not say ALL have predict this numbers, just some people)

Now, easy question. do you still predict this numbers? discuss. :D

Around the Network

I think both will get close but neither will get past, and stuff like a Halo 5 XO bundle and a PS4 price cut can effect those outcomes.

Both are definitely possible.

I think PS4 has a slightly better chance at hitting 20M than the XB1 has hitting 10M.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I don't think Xbone will sell 10 million this year... from Jan to Dec it will be down compared to last year so that mens:

XB1: ~7.5m

PS4 will be a bit up from Jan to Dec and that means:

PS4: ~15m

Where you guys are getting theses 10m and 20m when they sold last year way less than that?

ethomaz said:
I don't think Xbone will sell 10 million this year... from Jan to Dec it will be down compared to last year so that mens:

XB1: ~7.5m

PS4 will be a bit up from Jan to Dec and that means:

PS4: ~15m

Where you guys are getting theses 10m and 20m when they sold last year way less than that?

I agree with your PS4 prediction. :D

For XBO let's say 8,000,000, but your prediction seem correct...

Around the Network

Ryng_Tolu said:

I agree with your PS4 prediction. :D

For XBO let's say 8,000,000, but your prediction seem correct...

Well I'm expecting PS4 to drop to $349 in August/September but if Sony choose $299 then I will go with over 17m instead 15m.

Xbone can do 8 million or even 9 million I just don't expect that... all depends how agreesssive MS will be this time.

But 20m and 10m for me is out of question... I can't see this happening... it will be a nice surprise

In the case of the PS4 it depends almost entirely on whether it gets a price cut this year. A $50 cut would probably be sufficient. Also if FF15 came out in Japan this year in conjunction with the aforementioned price cut it would make it a certainty IMO.

XBone is too hard to call, although it's not looking good at the moment. Keeping in mind that it actually had a pretty good holiday last year in North America, I have a hard time seeing it being up year over year unless Halo 5 really sets the world on fire.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Im thinking..... something like:

PS4 ~16-17+ million
XB1 ~8-10 million

Depends on how big a effect the Halo series will have, and how much the PS4 is price cut.

Japan & china could be a small boost for ps4 this year, compaired to last.

"Well I'm expecting PS4 to drop to $349 in August/September but if Sony choose $299 then I will go with over 17m instead 15m."

My thinking too... if it hits 299$ its over 17million.

If its 349$ its probably only just barely over 16m.

According to VGChartz the YTD numbers are

PS4 ~ 2.38 million
X1 ~ 1.04 million

These are the numbers up to March 21st, 2015.
There are undoubtedly some tracking errors but I figured this information would be useful to the OP.

I'm not sure, but I am starting to think the PS4 will sell 15-18m this year with X1 selling 6-8m.

So yeah I adjusted both of them down. The only thing that might change my mind is if Sony does indeed drop the price of the PS4 to $299 at some point this year to spur sales.