By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank MK8's DLC Pack 2 Tracks! <(^_^<)

Your Favorite DLC Pack 2 Course?

GCN Baby Park 9 7.38%

GBA Cheese Land 3 2.46%

Wild Woods 36 29.51%

Animal Crossing 7 5.74%

3DS Neo Bowser City 4 3.28%

GBA Ribbon Road 15 12.30%

Super Bell Subway 2 1.64%

Big Blue 46 37.70%

Total:122

I only played each one around 1 time so this is my first impressions:

1. Big Blue
2. Baby Park
3. Animal Crossing
4. Wild Woods
5. Super Bell Superway
6. Ribbon Road
7. Cheese Land
8. Neo Bowser City

Don't really like Neo Bowser City and Cheese Land's course is a bit rough and hard to drive

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I know this is off topic, but I need to get this off my chest.

I fucking SUCK at 200cc. Nothing feels right and I hate it.

I have to change the way I drift now. I might have to break. WTF?

I might even main a new weight class of racers. I don't fucking know.

I'll learn to love it. Anyone else having issues coming to grips with 200cc?

Also, all the new tracks are tainted by being played on 200cc. No opinions yet.

Nope I immediately loved it! xD

Actually having to brake, needing faster reaction timing, and new strats/routes/cuts etc. even on old tracks certainly added some much needed depth. Also, could just be because everyone's still getting used to it, but I feel like lightweights are more viable, atleast I was certainly doing better with them in 200cc worldwides by actually being able to get 1st in races hehe. 

i'll rank them in order with some valid reasons:

8. Neo Bowser City--- it looks cool with all the neon lights and HD graphics, but with a single minuscule flying section being the only thing new from the 3DS version, its still a dry and boring course.

7. Cheese Land--- its cool with twists and turns and the fact that the whole course is made out of cheese, but it really doesnt feel as fresh and unique as the other courses

6. Animal Crossing--- its beautifully detailed and comes in 4 variations but the whole course feels flat and basic when you really get down into it.

5. Baby Park--- its a really fun course because it gets so hectic and its even a good match for the new 200cc mode. but going in a circle is only fun so many times

4. Wild Woods--- Take the Nopon village from Xenoblade and add a zero gravity race track and that is this course. amazing yet not as amazing as the top 3.

3. Super Bell Subway--- trains took a nice turn from the usual highway and there are enough different paths to choose to last all day. its really hard to describe without seeing for yourself

2. Ribbon Road--- more detail went into this course than any other and damn does it look amazing. being a remake from a completely flat lifeless track, great job nintendo

1. Big Blue--- a single lap track in all zero gravity. conveyor belts, water paths, an upside down ocean, and some of the best music in the game. you cant not like this course!

Einsam_Delphin said:

Actually having to brake, needing faster reaction timing, and new strats/routes/cuts etc. even on old tracks certainly added some much needed depth. Also, could just be because everyone's still getting used to it, but I feel like lightweights are more viable, atleast I was certainly doing better with them in 200cc worldwides by actually being able to get 1st in races hehe. 

I'm ace at MK8, and I'm just not getting 200cc. I really do suspect that I'll need to use lightweights, because I exclusively use heavyweights, and they are just not viable. Breaking is just plain awkward because of the button placement. If they want you to break constantly, the break button should be the X button where your thumb naturally rests while playing, not the B button.

#1. Big Blue
#2. Wild Woods
#3. GBA Ribbon Road
#4. Animal Crossing
#5. 3DS Neo Bowser City
#6. Super Bell Subway
#7. GBA Cheese Land
#8. GCN Baby Park

Around the Network

Hmm, think I'm gonna have to re-evaluate my list as it was mainly based on 150cc. I only played on Neo Bowser City once in 200cc versus multiple times in 150cc prior to making the list. However I just recently played on it like 5 times in 200cc worldwide (cause everyone always chooses it when it appears lol), and I have to say the 200cc does make the track a lot better! All those dozens of turns take quite a bit of effort to make now, making the track much more satisfying to play on! In the race below I didn't fall off or hit a wall once, felt like a boss!

View on YouTube

spemanig said:

I'm ace at MK8, and I'm just not getting 200cc. I really do suspect that I'll need to use lightweights, because I exclusively use heavyweights, and they are just not viable. Breaking is just plain awkward because of the button placement. If they want you to break constantly, the break button should be the X button where your thumb naturally rests while playing, not the B button.

Well now you can come to understand a bit of my pain considering I mainly use lightweights!

Idk about everyone else but my thumb is always on the A button, thus I can use the bottom of me thumb to hit the B button.

spemanig said:

Breaking is just plain awkward because of the button placement. If they want you to break constantly, the break button should be the X button where your thumb naturally rests while playing, not the B button.

I use the Y button for acceleration, and that position naturally keeps the B button under the base of  my thumb.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

1. Ribbon Road
2. Big Blue
3. Wild Woods
4. Animal Crossing
5. Baby park
6. Super Bell Subway
7. Neo Bowser City
8. Cheese Land

ramuji said:

I use the Y button for acceleration, and that position naturally keeps the B button under the base of  my thumb.

I didn't even know you could use the Y button! I that'll help lol.

spemanig said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I won every of the four tournaments I played first time through on 200cc (except for the Leaf tournament because my Kart got stuck on the final turn between two rocks and I couldn't get out until I was 11th place, I was going to two-Star it though if not for that), with middle-light and heavyweight character. Heavies are perfectly viable

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!