By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank MK8's DLC Pack 2 Tracks! <(^_^<)

Your Favorite DLC Pack 2 Course?

GCN Baby Park 9 7.38%

GBA Cheese Land 3 2.46%

Wild Woods 36 29.51%

Animal Crossing 7 5.74%

3DS Neo Bowser City 4 3.28%

GBA Ribbon Road 15 12.30%

Super Bell Subway 2 1.64%

Big Blue 46 37.70%

Total:122
spemanig said:
DivinePaladin said:

I truly recommend braking. Even a slight tap will help you stay on the inside lane without losing your drift boost. Also, believe it or not, when it comes to offline cups only, going through shortcuts on the grass and such isn't that bad an idea without a boost. You can just hop through most shortcuts without losing too much speed, on the new tracks at least. Within two races I was having no problems adapting, and within a cup I was able to place top three with any weight class. (And I only specify "top three" because there are more third lap shenanigans that mess with me and will drop me from first every now and then.)

Yeah, I tried again with braking to much better results, though I did change my weight class to a lightweight and used karts with much better handling, as I usually use bikes. I'll try again with my boy, Roy.

Oh yeah, the general choices you'd made might have had a big impact on that first experience lol. I used my usual Luigi+Airship combo (you can't go wrong with that acceleration and handling on any track for AI play), and then swapped to Rosie to test different weight classes. It was also like four months since I played so that might've helped a bit, though I doubt it considering how on point my driving still was on 150.

I'd say any weight seems viable given you tweak your strategy a bit. Lightweights have to brake a tad more, but I've noticed they seem to be able to cheese shortcuts easier without boosts if you wanna be risky. Obviously online it'd be a different story though. 

200cc really is an entirely different beast, and I love it for that. I know I'll be able to to back to 150 without despising it because it's a different strategy, unlike going from 100 or lower to 150. I cannot stand going down to 100 for some of my friends. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

1. Big Blue (Mount Wario and Mute City had a baby. Nuff said)

2. Animal Crossing (the 4 seasons thing is such a cool idea and really elevates it. Too bad they didn't go even further and implement a morning/noon/evening/night day cycle for all 4 season too)

3. Wild Woods (Stunning to look at and overall great concept for a track. Reminds me of like a treetop forest village in a classic JRPG)

4. Ribbon Road (Doesn't feel anything like a Super Circuit track and seems brand new. SO many cornercuts/shortcuts)

5. Baby Park (so much fun and I love that roller coaster weaving through)

6. Cheese Land (meh. Kinda dull, even with such a huge update. Shame they couldn't quite do with it what they did with Ribbon Road. Decent layout though)

7. Super Bell Subway (really kind of a boring theme from a team that has become so innovative and creative. It kind of felt like they were just rushing to get that one more track in here. My least fav of the new tracks across both packs)

8. Neo Bowser City (looks gorgeous, but whoever thought one of the most already frustrating tracks in MK history would be "fun" in a game with 200cc is a serious sadist)

Overall I like pack 1 a little better, just because I was a fan of all 8 of those tracks, and 3 of the ones in this one don't do much for me. But the top 4 in this one is overall stronger than the top 4 in pack 1.