By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai calls DLCs these days a scam

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Dont get how thats BS at all :-/

Costumes should never cost anything. Instead developers should provide them for free as a thank you to the players who kept supporting the game.

How many costumes are in the game already? Does something like that need to be free? Might as well get everything free am i right :0

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
DonFerrari said:

You mentioned cod, as if that would show they care about families.

You were talking about that with me.  I was talking about Wii U being capable of voice chat in game and pointed out that it is available in those two call of duty games.  I was comparing that with Nintendo's decision not to include voice chat in Splatoon. According to Nintendo they did not include voice chat in Splatoon to help protect younger audience members. They made this decision even though it might cost them sales so they could attempt to protect younger audience members.  Putting player "safety" above profits. That is one example of why I think Nintendo cares about family.

Never said WiiU wasn't capable of voice chat... and the same company that allowed the DS feature for a long time until several cases of pedophilia and rape appeared because of it right??? They do a lot of things to help them keep the image, that doesn't necessarily translate as they caring, and voice chat for me is useless anyway.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

How many costumes are in the game already? Does something like that need to be free? Might as well get everything free am i right :0

Doesn't matter how many costumes are in the game. Costumes are by no means expensive to create for a developer, so they should be free.

The question that you have to ask yourself is: "As a Nintendo fan, do I want Nintendo to be on the same level as other companies or do I want them to be better?"

Dont get me wrong, i dont think its relatively good, but its not as bad as your making it out to be imo.

Especially with all content thats already there. I dont have them now, not for me.

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Doesn't matter how many costumes are in the game. Costumes are by no means expensive to create for a developer, so they should be free.

The question that you have to ask yourself is: "As a Nintendo fan, do I want Nintendo to be on the same level as other companies or do I want them to be better?"

Using the license of Mega Man doesn't come free I presume. :)

tbone51 said:
RolStoppable said:

Costumes should never cost anything. Instead developers should provide them for free as a thank you to the players who kept supporting the game.

They should have tied the Mii Costumes to Amiibo. Not that Amiibo need any help selling.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
The_Yoda said:

You were talking about that with me.  I was talking about Wii U being capable of voice chat in game and pointed out that it is available in those two call of duty games.  I was comparing that with Nintendo's decision not to include voice chat in Splatoon. According to Nintendo they did not include voice chat in Splatoon to help protect younger audience members. They made this decision even though it might cost them sales so they could attempt to protect younger audience members.  Putting player "safety" above profits. That is one example of why I think Nintendo cares about family.

Never said WiiU wasn't capable of voice chat... and the same company that allowed the DS feature for a long time until several cases of pedophilia and rape appeared because of it right??? They do a lot of things to help them keep the image, that doesn't necessarily translate as they caring, and voice chat for me is useless anyway.

I know you didn't say that, I have heard other people claim it though.  Never heard anything about rape and pedophillia in association with the DS ... can you provide links?

He's right. There are times it's handled great but more often than no it's an absolute rip off.

The_Yoda said:
DonFerrari said:
The_Yoda said:

I know you didn't say that, I have heard other people claim it though.  Never heard anything about rape and pedophillia in association with the DS ... can you provide links?

Search for swapnote

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-pulls-3ds-feature-says-kids-were-sharing-off-1456565997

Not Nintendo fault, but it happened. Same with twitch on ps4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
The_Yoda said:
DonFerrari said:
The_Yoda said:

Search for swapnote

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-pulls-3ds-feature-says-kids-were-sharing-off-1456565997

Thanks for the link. Not very familiar with PS4's twitch, did Sony pull it from use too?

The_Yoda said:
DonFerrari said:

Search for swapnote

Thanks for the link. Not very familiar with PS4's twitch, did Sony pull it from use too?

Sony reinforced monitoring and banning for people doing unsuitable things on it, but didn't completely axed it like Nintendo. But it wasn't ninty fault that idiots used their app for criminal activity, but they have an image to uphold. Losing features because of Jack asses is screwed up.