By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai calls DLCs these days a scam

AlfredoTurkey said:
The most popular and successful Smash ever released was Melee and it had ZERO DLC.

End of discussion.

Yep. Melee didn't need to sell new characters as DLC to be great. It was great since day 1 for single and multiplayer sesions.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
The most popular and successful Smash ever released was Melee and it had ZERO DLC.

End of discussion.

Yep. Melee didn't need to sell new characters as DLC to be great. It was great since day 1 for single and multiplayer sesions.

And Nintendo would have made even more money of Melee if it was possible to release DLC for it.

There's quite a big hole in your logic if you think Melee became the most succesful Smash Bros. game because it had no DLC.

Besides, I'm sure Brawl sold more anyway.

Samus Aran said:
Pavolink said:

And Nintendo would have made even more money of Melee if it was possible to release DLC for it.

There's quite a big hole in your logic if you think Melee became the most succesful Smash Bros. game because it had no DLC.

Yet it's still the more popular among the Smash fanbase. And if I remember correctly, according to your logic yesterday Brawl sold more than Melee because the Wii userbase was bigger than the one on Nintendo GameCube. So, do we take into acount the userbase or not?

Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:
Pavolink said:

Yet it's still the more popular among the Smash fanbase. And if I remember correctly, according to your logic yesterday Brawl sold more than Melee because the Wii userbase was bigger than the one on Nintendo GameCube. So, do we take into acount the userbase or not?

Oh, you're talking about the extremely annoying and vocal minority.

You said it was the most successful, that's not true. Merely a factual correction on my part.

Samus Aran said:

You said it was the most succesful, that's not true. Merely a factual correction on my part.

Good. It seems we can agree too which 3DMario was the most beloved and succesful.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:

You said it was the most succesful, that's not true. Merely a factual correction on my part.

Good. It seems we can agree too which 3DMario was the most beloved and succesful.

SMG is most successful, and probably loved more by the fans on the internet yeah. Still, it barely outsold SM64 on a userbase that was 3 times bigger.

Samus Aran said:
Pavolink said:

SMG is most successful, and probably loved more by the fans on the internet yeah. Still, it barely outsold SM64 on a userbase that was 3 times bigger.

Userbase doesn't matter for Melee as it doesn't matter for SM64. SMG was the most succesful followed by SM64.

Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:
Pavolink said:

Userbase doesn't matter for Melee as it doesn't matter for SM64. SMG was the most succesful followed by SM64.

Uhm, SM64 would have sold a lot more had the N64 sold 100M units. But it was the first 3D game, so it's to be expected.

Samus Aran said:

Uhm, SM64 would have sold a lot more had the N64 sold 100M units. But it was the first 3D game, so it's to be expected.

Uhm, Melee would have sold a lot more had the NGC sold 100M units.

Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:

Uhm, Melee would have sold a lot more had the NGC sold 100M units.

I'm comparing SM64 with SMG, not Melee.