By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction Time! There will be NO "New" Super Smash Bros Game Next Gen...

Prediction Time! There will be No "New" Super Smash Bros Game Next Gen...

Yeap, i think we'll get Something similar to SFIV treatment. As like maybe a better looking game with all DLC included for next gen, thats all.

Assuming Next Gen starts Late 2016/2017 and Finishes by 2022/2023 ~ish.

Thoughts?

I cann explain why but that might be too much work :p

Bonus! This is highly unlikely but imagine a SSBU with 3ds stages and Smash Run (online too) remaster all DLC with SSB Melee HD packed in........ THAT Would be enough imo..... (probably not yours but the Competitive community might like it!)

Around the Network

Sakurai also said he wasn't going to add any more characters.

He said that if he does leave, someone else is taking over.

Either way, you can't really trust anything Sakurai says.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
Sakurai also said he wasn't going to add any more characters.

He said that if he does leave, someone else is taking over.

Either way, you can't really trust anything Sakurai says.

Actually it wasnt because of Sakurai stating this

Why do ya think this? That'd be massively disappointing if true.

They sold many copies of Smash Bros for the Wii U, which had modest sales, so I don't see why they will not make another for next gen

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

DLC imo wont end intill 2016 summer/fall. Maybe more if Sakurai wants to continue. But lets go with end of 2016 (to be completely done)

The next Console wont come out intill late 2016 or 2017?! I still think Sakurai will work on the next game, but it'll be a launch game for the gen 10 platform!

Sakurai works on next game or takes break for 2-3 years.... Starts developing SSB in beginning of 2020-2021. Game takes at least 2 years so its 2022/2023, do we think a SSB title would release in a consoles 5/6th year or would they wait a couple months/a year for it to be a launch title?

yeah i kno Melee came out 2 years after SSB but big differences from then and the future :0

there will be another. whether or not its helmed by sakurai,that's the real story

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

DLC imo wont end intill 2016 summer/fall. Maybe more if Sakurai wants to continue. But lets go with end of 2016 (to be completely done)

The next Console wont come out intill late 2016 or 2017?! I still think Sakurai will work on the next game, but it'll be a launch game for the gen 10 platform!

Sakurai works on next game or takes break for 2-3 years.... Starts developing SSB in beginning of 2020-2021. Game takes at least 2 years so its 2022/2023, do we think a SSB title would release in a consoles 5/6th year or would they wait a couple months/a year for it to be a launch title?

yeah i kno Melee came out 2 years after SSB but big differences from then and the future :0

Nintendo isn't gonna forgo a cash cow just cause Sakurai wants a break, they'll get someone else to do it.

Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

Nintendo isn't gonna forgo a cash cow just cause Sakurai wants a break, they'll get someone else to do it.

that is indeed a possibility and a likely one, but i still stand by this unless sakurai directly works on the next right after.

actually i wouldn't mind same engine, added modes with 20-24 newcomers as a new game. 

Considering what Sakurai said in a previous interview, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't another Smash Bros, but I'd still be pretty sad.

At the same time, Sakurai is the most unpredicitable person on the planet, so who knows?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."