By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BOOO!!! Veknoid locked my thread =(

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

NobleTeam360 said:

OMG Lord Ethomaz the master predictor! Pls give me more predictions, I'm going to write these all down.

But in all seriousness I'm sure once Tomb Raider hits PS4 it'll do 5 million easily. Also no I don't know how much Battlefront sells will be since the franchise has been dormant for a good while now. I'm sure CoD will continue to decline in sells though.

So do you believe a franchise that sold 8 million after re-releases on next-gen will sell 5 million on Xbone? Of course after PS4 it will hit new numbers but we are talking here about the exclusive market deal to sell consoles... Tomb Raider is not one of the big ones sorry... Halo is.

Now about CoD declive... it was the TOP seller game in 2014... now we will see if Black Ops III will be in declive too and I don't expect that because the CoD franchise will grow again.

And Battlefront... just look how Battlefield growed in the last years... the franchise is still strong in sales.

If you ask me which push more hardware I will rank: CoD > Halo > Battlefront >>>> Tomb Raider.

Now you can say who have the big deals this holidays if the rumors are true?

You seem to be missing the point being made.

Sony had no choice but to buy this up... they have nothing else to advertise.  Oh how you would be talking differently if it was the other way around. 

On equestion. As a gamer would you want the opportunity to play 4 of these games or 2 of them for this holidays?

I know you didn't ask me this, but let me chime in.

I think you guys are talking about two different things. As gamers, we OBVIOUSLY would prefer to have 4 games as opposed to 2. I think that's what you're alluding to here.

From a marketing and overall perspective though, COD + Battlefront marketing are huge coups, especially the former. It will definitely impact sales in favor of the PS4 if these things are true. I think that's what ethomaz is alluding to.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
true_fan said:

So much for Sony spreads its games out throughout the year, they are just pretty much buying up as much advertising as possible to cover for lack of games. Definitely has to be a record for most within 2 years. 

Uh most what??

AC BF

WatchDogs

Destiny

Batman

MGS GZ

MGZ Phantom Pain

Battlefied 4

Star Wars Battlefront

COD BO 3 (rumored, but starting to look likely)

several more, but you get the point. This was just off the top of my head.

ethomaz said:

From FB.

There's no way Sony would market the game likes this if Microsoft had the marketing deal. Tweeting about it? Check. Uploading them? Check. Facebook posts? Check. All I'm missing is the blog posts.

Hm, does Sony really not have any exclusive games this holiday? I think Persona 5 is supposed to be coming this year right?

Hardcore_gamer said:
true_fan said:

So much for Sony spreads its games out throughout the year, they are just pretty much buying up as much advertising as possible to cover for lack of games. Definitely has to be a record for most within 2 years. 

Funny thing is Sony loyalties saying all over the Internet Sony got it because Sony sold 20 millions ps4 last time Microsoft had it they were saying its because of money 

BINGO!!!!! Thats all I'm saying, people will just act like sony was given marketing.

Around the Network
true_fan said:

Bloodbourne released in March and sony is pretty much done until spring 2016.

Just a quick check of wikipedia... um what?? Honestly what are you on about, these are the ones listed for 2015 being published by Sony

And lets not forget those that are unconfirmed

ktay95 said:
true_fan said:

Just a quick check of wikipedia... um what?? Honestly what are you on about, these are the ones listed for 2015 being published by Sony

And lets not forget those that are unconfirmed

A list of meh and many most have never even heard of. If sony was as confident as you are in that list, they would not buy so much advertising.

true_fan said:

February - The Order: 1886
March - MLB 15: The Show & Bloodborne
Summer - Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, GOW III Remastered, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

3rd party games exclusive to PS

May - FFX|X-2 HD
Summer - J-Stars Victory Vs+, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Godzilla

Marketing Deals

June - Batman: Arkham Knight
September - Destiny Expansion & MGSV: The Phantom Pain

What i see is that Sony is becoming MS from the 360 gen and MS is becoming more like Sony of the ps3 era. Sony depends more on 3rd parties and exclusive dlc/marketing ,because the console sells very well and the multis run better on ps4. MS now depends more on exclusives than ever before. Times change i guess....i remember that last gen xbox 360 was my multis and online machine and ps3 the exclusives machine. Now, it's the other way around.

If druggies are banned from sports, so will augmented humans.