By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BOOO!!! Veknoid locked my thread =(

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

well... what else would they advertise in the final quarter?

From what we know all the big games lol

this and star wars you mean?  exactly.

halo and tomb raider aren't big now?  ok.

Yes they are, but COD > Halo and Battlefront > TR. I don't think this can logically be argued otherwise (I'm talking about popularity and public awareness here). If MS really lost the COD marketing and timed exclusive DLC, then that's big. No ifs ands or maybes. They might still have Madden and FIFA, which are huge in and on itself. And maybe they'll keep the trend of exclusive WRPG marketing going and get ME 4 and Fallout 4 marketing as well.

Regardless though, if they did lose the COD marketing, then that's a bid deal IMHO. 

Around the Network

i really hope MS lost Cod advertising and save money for games. Exclusive marketing to games it's the most horrible idea ever, it's like throwing money away. I don't even know why gamers care who has exclusive marketing. I only care about exclusive games, marketing? i couldn't care less...

TheDarkneSsS said:
i really hope MS lost Cod advertising and save money for games. Exclusive marketing to games it's the most horrible idea ever, it's like throwing money away. I don't even know why gamers care who has exclusive marketing. I only care about exclusive games, marketing? i couldn't care less...

Agree. Although I do wonder if this means MS won't have the 1 month DLC deal anymore. Which was a waste of money imo too.

NobleTeam360 said:

OMG Lord Ethomaz the master predictor! Pls give me more predictions, I'm going to write these all down.

But in all seriousness I'm sure once Tomb Raider hits PS4 it'll do 5 million easily. Also no I don't know how much Battlefront sells will be since the franchise has been dormant for a good while now. I'm sure CoD will continue to decline in sells though.

So do you believe a franchise that sold 8 million after re-releases on next-gen will sell 5 million on Xbone? Of course after PS4 it will hit new numbers but we are talking here about the exclusive market deal to sell consoles... Tomb Raider is not one of the big ones sorry... Halo is.

Now about CoD declive... it was the TOP seller game in 2014... now we will see if Black Ops III will be in declive too and I don't expect that because the CoD franchise will grow again.

And Battlefront... just look how Battlefield growed in the last years... the franchise is still strong in sales.

If you ask me which push more hardware I will rank: CoD > Halo > Battlefront >>>> Tomb Raider.

Now you can say who have the big deals this holidays if the rumors are true?

Yeap looks like Sony will have the big hits of the holidays in his hand... btw Destiny 2 update is supposed to hit in September too.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

this and star wars you mean?  exactly.

halo and tomb raider aren't big now?  ok.

Compared with CoD and Battlefront?

are you saying Tomb Raider and especially Halo arent big games?   Halo is far bigger than battlefront.

Anyhow I look forward to the two you mention that EVERYONE knows are multiplats.

Being multiplat is irrelevant to the average Joe.

Sony had exclusive marketing rights to the subpar (review wise) Destiny and it helped push the PS4 to 538K and outsell the Xbone by 250K+. 

Sony had exclusive marketing rights to GTAV and it was what allowed Sony to break the X360's 32 month streak of "winning" the NPD.

Don't ever underestimate the power of marketing, multiplatform game or not.

EDIT: And I'm not conviced Halo is bigger than Battlefront. Star Wars is definitely bigger than Halo (I'm talking overall franchises here). Battlefront hasn't been released in 10+ years, but it remains to be seen what happens there.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

NobleTeam360 said:

OMG Lord Ethomaz the master predictor! Pls give me more predictions, I'm going to write these all down.

But in all seriousness I'm sure once Tomb Raider hits PS4 it'll do 5 million easily. Also no I don't know how much Battlefront sells will be since the franchise has been dormant for a good while now. I'm sure CoD will continue to decline in sells though.

So do you believe a franchise that sold 8 million after re-releases on next-gen will sell 5 million on Xbone? Of course after PS4 it will hit new numbers but we are talking here about the exclusive market deal to sell consoles... Tomb Raider is not one of the big ones sorry... Halo is.

Now about CoD declive... it was the TOP seller game in 2014... now we will see if Black Ops III will be in declive too and I don't expect that because the CoD franchise will grow again.

And Battlefront... just look how Battlefield growed in the last years... the franchise is still strong in sales.

If you ask me which push more hardware I will rank: CoD > Halo >> Battlefront >>>> Tomb Raider.

You think CoD will grow? Well I hope you're wrong on that. I don't think Battlefront will sell as well as say BF3, although I do think Tomb Raider is probably going to sell less than CoD, Halo, and Battlefront. I still consider Tomb Raider a big game though.

NobleTeam360 said:
TheDarkneSsS said:

Agree. Although I do wonder if this means MS won't have the 1 month DLC deal anymore. Which was a waste of money imo too.

Depends on how you look at it. From us (hardcore gamers) yes it was a waste of money. The average gamer is not like us and I'm sure MS has all kinds of data that helps them drive their financial decisions. Anecdotally, I have a couple of friends who bought 360s especially for CODs and because the maps came out on it first. Same with GTAIV.

How did this happen? Sony has Black Ops 3 AND SW Battlefront 3?
What does EA and Activision know that we don't? Or are they just leveraging that huge PS4 gap to reach the most consumers?

kowenicki said:

are you saying Tomb Raider and especially Halo arent big games?   Halo is far bigger than battlefront.

Anyhow I look forward to the two you mention that EVERYONE knows are multiplats.

Like GTA, CoD, Destiny, etc...

What pushed the hardware? Market deal... multiplats or not the market deal is a win win for the choosen plataform.

kowenicki said:

You seem to be missing the point being made.

Sony had no choice but to buy this up... they have nothing else to advertise.  Oh how you would be talking differently if it was the other way around.

On equestion. As a gamer would you want the opportunity to play 4 of these games or 2 of them for this holidays?

Don't think a lot about that.. the platafrom with market/exclusive deal will sell more software and hardware at launch of these games... that was always like that... so why do you think it will change now?

I remember Xbone getting a big boost with AC: U and CoD: AW last year... big boots from multiplatforms like happens every year.