By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Playoffs 2015 NBA FINALS. Warriors win Series 4-2!

WHO WILL WIN THE NBA FINALS?

Golden State Warriors 53 66.25%

Cleveland Cavaliers 27 33.75%

Total:80

As a Bulls fan, I have to cheer for Steve Kerr.

Go Warriors!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

That was a good game!!! I might have been wrong when I picked Draymond as the Finals MVP in April because after that first game its gotta be Steph or maybe even Andre Iguaduala. But still a lot of games to be played!! Hope the rest are as exciting as that first one!!

Lebron choking at the buzzer and then completely disappearing during OT is why he'll never be in MJ's league.

The series is pretty much over with Kyrie out now. I'll stick with my Warriors in 6 prediction but I wouldn't be surprised to see it end in less for the Warriors.

The Cavs are even more of an underdog now. Anyone knows how long will Kyrie be out?

Around the Network
tiffac said:
The Cavs are even more of an underdog now. Anyone knows how long will Kyrie be out?

Home page of nba.com says 3-4 months. Golden State has a huge advantage over the Cavs now. They should be able to win game 2. 

I haven't watch enough of the playoffs to cast my predictions for this round but I'm pretty sure a sweep or game 7 isn't happening. I wouldn't put it past the Warriors to win in 5. But the Cavs still have Lebron so who knows. 

With Irving gone, the Cavaliers can kiss it goodbye now.
If LeBron had 44 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists, and the Cavs still lost, than unless the supporting cast shows up (Smith, Shumpert, Mozgov, Thomspon, Dellavendova, Jones, and Perkins), they stand absolutely 0 chance in beating a healthy Warriors team.
The best way to beat the Cavaliers is to force LeBron James to do everything himself, and take the other guys out of it.
That's what happened in Game 1, and it worked out good for Stephen Curry and co.
And asking LeBron to do carry the load each and every game, in a 7 game series... it's eventually going to whipe him out, and don't be surprised that by Game 4 or 5, he just looks completely exhausted.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Lebron choking at the buzzer and then completely disappearing during OT is why he'll never be in MJ's league.

But he scored that basket with the time running down in OT.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTI0Cdh-MwQ

Game 1 of the NBA finals, 1997, Jordan at the end of regulation. Exact same situation, totally different outcome. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
amp316 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTI0Cdh-MwQ

Game 1 of the NBA finals, 1997, Jordan at the end of regulation. Exact same situation, totally different outcome. 

Yeah 'exact' same situation.  Like piss poor defense, yielding to an open shot for Jordan.   LeBron is a different player.   He's a better all-around player and it's not even close. Jordan was a better shooter.  LeBron makes teams signifnicantly better.  Jordan was able to stick a dagger into people.   Different players, different games. 

Jordan's  team was still a deep playoff contender when he left the Bulls. The Cavaliers immediately turned into one of the worst franchises in the NBA the moment LeBron left.  The Cavaliers immediately turned into favorites to go to the Finals the moment he returned.  LeBron's impact is immeasurably better than Jordan. 

If the Cavaliers supporting cast lifted a finger last night,  the Cavs win this game easily.  (In Golden State).   With Irving hurt, their chances are significantly down, potentially robbing us of a good series.   I wouldn't quite count the Cavs out yet though, if their supporting cast can actually step up -- LeBron and crew will give them a run for their money.