By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Price Cut World Wide?

Will the PS4 get a price cut before 2016?

Yes. 228 65.33%

No. 121 34.67%

Total:349

I expect an announcement at Gamescom. The question is will it be $50 or $100 price drop? I really don't see a small $50 drop will have much impact. I think Sony will continue like the have done on ALL there homeconsoles. A $100 price drop that will release just in time for Metal Gear Solid 5.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network

Definitely...by holidays 2015 or just before. The price drop will be 50 at maximum. 100 will be very unlikely.

Ps4 is outselling the next competitor by almost 3:1. Remind me why they need a pricecut?

Drakrami said:
Ps4 is outselling the next competitor by almost 3:1. Remind me why they need a pricecut?

That's why it mostly unlikely and 100 $ price drop not going to happen. 50 drop by far the least possible chance but it does make sense during the holidays and the general trend for previous gen consoles dropping price within 10-19 months of launch.

Chasesdaddy84 said:

I checked to see if this question was asked already and didn't see it.

So here's my question: 

Will the PS4 get a permanent price cut before the end of 2015? $299? $349? Or none at all? 

I think if the One gets another price cut (even promotional for limited time) I think the PS4 can only ride the $399 for so long, and maybe that time has come. I'm aware of the UK temporary cut to $299, which is why I raise this question world wide. 

Obviously the PS4 will get a price cut this year. How is this even  question? Every system(outside wii), got a price reduction within the first 2 years, even the mighty ps2. It would get the price cut regardless of what Microsoft did. The better question is will it be around e3, gamescom/september or q4.

And the UK cut is to 299GBP, not dollars, thats $449.

Around the Network

Yes, they this would be a good alternative without Uncharted 4.

Around October, $349.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-23-playstation-4-uk-price-cut-to-299-this-weekend

its happenning!!! in the UK

Price cut testing is under way, expect a permanent price cut at e3

299€ would be heabun.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I could see a temporary price for the holidays but I don't know about a permanent cut in this year. The main reason why I think that is because the PS4 is still outselling the competition handedly and a temp. price cut in the holidays would take the steam out of the competitions' sails.