By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Price Cut World Wide?

Will the PS4 get a price cut before 2016?

Yes. 228 65.33%

No. 121 34.67%

Total:349

I have no doubt they will drop the price of PS4 this year. The most important thing for Sony is building a userbase, and expanding the number of people using PlayStation Network Services. PlayStation Vue, PlayStation Video, PlayStation Music, and PlayStation Now, those services along with PS3/PS4/PSV game sales are where Sony will see massive profits.

PS4 will be at $299.99 US by September of this year, at the latest.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Hopefully not. I don't want my precious to be losing value!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I expect to see bundles over price cut.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

mornelithe said:
fory77 said:

I'm almost sure Sony will sell >15M PS4s this year without a pricecut with every unit sold at a profit (?), so i don't see why they should do it, considering they're not so good financially.

No.

Haven't been paying much attention to Sony financials lately, have you?  Granted, they're not completely out of the woods, but, if things continue as they are, once the restructuring completely slides off the books after the 2015/16 fiscal year, they should be fine.

Beyond that, it's common knowledge that consoles make more money from games, periphery and other revenue streams associated with the consoles, than they do the upfront profit off of hardware.  Dropping the price to encourage faster growth, only increases overall profit for the brand.

This was my exact response to said post.

It is more beneficial to Sony right now to take a small hit on console sales profit in order to grow the brand faster than the competition. With every leap over xb1, comes the potential for more exclusives. It's a snowball effect.

I would love to see a price cut! If they cut the price I'll pick up a PS4 this summer

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

$349 after E3... August or September.

$299 is just something Sony doesn't need and can destroy definivilly the competition... so I don't believe in the magical $299 PS price point this year.

Before 2016, probably but I doubt there would be one by the end of 2015

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

mornelithe said:

It wasn't lost, it was just pushed back into 2016.  So, for the purpose of this thread it's lost for 2015.

The delay was for what month? FY2015 ends in March 2016 so seems like it will be in the 2015 financials yet.

If they want to see growth YOY they will have to cut the price. If they want to turn a major profit, they wont cut it. I'm not to sure which route they will take.

Puppyroach said:
If they want to see growth YOY they will have to cut the price. If they want to turn a major profit, they wont cut it. I'm not to sure which route they will take.

Well they are UP yoy until last figures: March 4th.