By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is Going Under (Doomed)... Market Cap at 24 Billion; Highest in 4 Years

Giggs_11 said:
People here keep discussing if Nintendo will continue to make consoles and use as an argument that it has been selling less consoles each generation (except for Wii/DS gen).

Are people aware that N64 sold way less than PS1 yet Nintendo made more Money than Sony?
Are people aware that gamecube sold way less than PS2 and less than Xbox and still made more Money than both combined? (Actually let's not combine since Xbox actually lost Money)
Are people aware that Wii vs PS3 vs X360 wasn't even a contest (moneywise speaking of course)?
If I recall correctly last financial quarter Nintendo was even doing better than both Sony's a and Microsoft's gaming divisions even after selling way less consoles.

I keep saying this but people still don't listen: Nintendo needs way less sales to get profitable, Sony's and Microsoft's business strategies are much more dependable on the need to sell millions and millions of games/consoles than Nintendo's.

Nintendo sells less but still make Money. Ultimately that's matters when companies decide if they'll stay in the business.

Yes, Nintendo has a lot of problems they need to deal with, but I don't see them ever getting out of the console business. Only way I see them doing that is if they find another way to make more money and want to concentrate all their resources on that instead of consoles/handhelds.

Well to be fair we don't know if Nintendo would have made money if they just had N64 & GC during those generations. Nintendo's handhelds were selling like 20 million/year in the late 90s & early 00s.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
kumagawa said:
tbone51 said:

Source http://www.gonintendo.com/s/251538-nintendo-market-cap-at-24-billion-highest-in-4-years

Nintendo Market Cap at 24 Billion; Highest in 4 Years

Nintendo’s market cap (total dollar market value of the shares outstanding of a publicly traded company) 

- 24 billion US Dollars (2.95 trillion Yen)

- almost double what it was in January

btw, im no expert at all when it comes to this ****, but i say that when Nintendo is doomed, it must really be doom!

As Captain Yuri would post 1st and say "Nintendo... Doomed since 1889"

The share price always goes way up before financial's are released check again 1 week after.

"Nintendo is Going Under (Doomed)" I put it in the Title :)

So, you made a thread about good news and rather than be happy you are playing the victim game?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

DanneSandin said:
Mummelmann said:

There are two major signs for me that they'll do fine, or even great in the future; one being the fact that they're actually undergoing some rather heavy, and much needed, reform and the other being that they've actually allied themselves with someone who is an expert in a field they're going after. The one major component missing from the equation now is allowing their Western branches much more influence across the board; that's a vital part of remaining relevant and desireable in the Western markets, where they have been seeing the slowest movements lately. I believe this is coming as well, in time.

Nintendo's franchises will fit perfectly on the mobile devices and they do things right, it can become a lasting gold mine. I do wonder what the proponents of the UNITY thread would have to say about it though, since smart devices and the mobile gaming market was described as nothing but a bubble and a fad...

Yes, I completely agree; doing some much needed reforms and partning up with someone that knows the mobile market is all good thing. The question is, how will that help their consoles? Will the reforms transfer to their HW divisions as well? Sadly, I don't see Nintendo trying to cater to the Western markets all that much in the near future. Maybe if Retro gets to do a "Western" type of game and it becomes a smash hit...

Nintendo is not leaving consoles. Neither handheld consoles nor home consoles.
You are NOT going to see Super Mario Bros. on Google Play. You are NOT going to see The Legend of Zelda on the iStore.

Did you hear the recent headline that said DeNA, Nintendo's new mobile partner, just laid off some of their staff?
Why do that when you're going into a lucrative new partnership?
Nintendo's the boss of that partnership not DeNA.
DeNA had been in slow decline for a few years now.

The truth is the partnership bolsters DeNA not Nintendo. Nintendo is helping DeNA out not the other way around.
Mobile AKA the New PC is not a stable market for long-term companies.
It's a market where you have to get big fast then get out quick.

I posted these articles in my UNITY discussion a year & a half ago.
Game devs ditch mobile in favor of PC, console?
Devs Head Back To PC And Consoles After Realizing Mobile Gaming Sucks

Many people see Nintendo's announcement of the partnership as a surrender.
But the truth is mobile is surrendering to the console.
Puzzle & Dragons Z coming to 3DS is surrender because why come to a lowly console when mobile is so much more lucrative & widespread?
Even though there was a recent report about GungHo Online making record operating profit, there are chinks in GungHo's armor.
Just like there were in Rovio's before they had to lay off 16% of their staff.

It's the one-hit wonder syndrome. They get REALLY big with that one hit but once the craze dies down where do they go from there?
GungHo is trying to keep the ball up in the air by making Puzzle & Dragons Z/Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition.
They want Nintendo's time-tested legacy to extend their status before the bottom drops out.
Why couldn't GungHo be their OWN Nintendo like Rovio wanted to be & do it all on mobile?

Nintendo's partnership with DeNA is ANOTHER part of the UNITY plan.
And one I did not expect!
I KNEW they were intent on Unifying console world but I had no idea they were trying to Unify all of gaming too.
I thought Nintendo would do just as they did 30 years ago & make the argument from console land against mobile.
No. This time Nintendo's going into enemy territory to make the argument right to their FACES!

I'll spell it out more in my upcoming FACTS vs. FICTION – Volume 3.
But Nintendo is using the mobile market as part of this strategy.

Nintendo doesn't need an iPad or iPhone or Galaxy tab.
They have their OWN device to sell games on.
Currently these devices are called the 3DS & Wii U.
They are going to conquer mobile from WITHIN!

What happens when Nintendo publishings dominate the Top Ten mobile charts?

I'll spell it out further in Volume 3 but trust me Nintendo is nowhere NEAR leaving videogame consoles by any means.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Pavolink said:
So, you made a thread about good news and rather than be happy you are playing the victim game?

"Nintendo is Doomed" was a joke for the very good news and it also is saying i agree with the people that think Nintendo is doomed, because why not since they been doomed since 1889!

Do you take offense to this?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

"Nintendo is Doomed" was a joke for the very good news and it also is saying i agree with the people that think Nintendo is doomed, because why not since they been doomed since 1889!

You stole a page from Pavolink's playbook.

Makes sense, but how about the few others that are mad/upset? Me putting Doom in the op was, well i thought an obvious joke because you know "Nintendo going down" :o

Nintendo does what it wants

"please understand"

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:

Yes. It's sad to see you are lowering yourself that that level.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
tbone51 said:

Yes. It's sad to see you are lowering yourself that that level.

I'll return the book to you soon!

tbone51 said:
Wait some people are upset i put Doom in the title because we haven't gotten a real Nintendo doom thread in awhile (and by awhile like a week or 2)?

WTH?

Like Rol said, the problem is the 20 posts with the same "joke", not the title/op. 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988