By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread - OUT NOW!!!!!!! Questions Thoughts And Opinions Inside!

EDIT: Nevermind

Around the Network

Phew, finally beat that horrid son of a bitch. Talk about annoying. I ended up just losing my patience and resorting to a Skell.

Surprisingly, the final boss was far more manageable, and I had zero issues. Quite a fun fight in fact; the music was awesome, and there were no annoying gimmicks to spoil things.

Finally beat the game, and I must say I liked the ending. It tied up more threads than I expected, and I enjoyed the reveals of Elma being an alien who arrived on Earth to give us the technology to save ourselves, (it retrospect, XCX is effectively a game where you play as the sidekick to Elma's main hero, which is a fairly novel premise) as well as humanity being preserved as digital consciousness and DNA rather than actual bodies. The after-credits scene where its revealed that the data was destroyed before you even got started playing was cool too, if somewhat cruel in teasing a sequel that may take 5 years at this rate to arrive if it even gets made at all.

All in all, it's not the mindblowing instant classic that the first game was, but it's still an impressive feat in world design, scope, and sheer ambition. It may stumble from time to time, but I at its best, it soars to truly dizzying heights.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Anyone know good locations for levelling from about 55-65?

I was farming the spider dudes at Capital Wreckage and they were awesome for getting me from 50-55, but now the XP returns are starting to drop off, and I'm having trouble finding upper 50s/low 60s enemies that are easy to pick off.

Thanks in advance!

Level 60 is the cap in this game. You certainly don't need a higher level than 55 to beat chapter 12.

Qmoevas in the water near the eastern-most fortress are easy to pick off (use the nav point that is on water level). They have only level 56-58 though (IIRC). I think the only enemies that are above level 60 are tyrants.

There is a cave in Northern Cauldros with level 63-65 monsters. Good gear to find (with treaser finder) and easy to level up lower characters.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

RolStoppable said:

I think the only enemies that are above level 60 are tyrants.

There's a good amount of level 60-70 non-tyrants, but the ones over 70 are pretty rare. I can only think of Gularths and Xerns over 70, Ictuses over 80 and a level 92 Xe-dom.

TruckOSaurus said:

- What the purpose of requesting assistance from a NPC's division? All I see is the their division's icon is lit it but I'm not sure what it does.
- Is there an advantage to hiring the random people you meet on the field? The way I see it, I rather level up the main characters.

You get the division support of the NPC. Like more TP for using arts from Mediators or better enemy drops from Reclaimers. But I don't know how strong the buffs are and they have a fixed probability to happen (that means that you don't get additional TP for every art if you hire a Mediator). You see a division symbol next to your character's level when a buff is active. You can ask NPCs of different divisions and get several buffs simultaneously.

And you autamatically get division support of other players that play in the same region of the game if you play in an online squad (of the divisions that aren't greyed out). Multiple players of the same division increase the probability that a buff happens.

You just need to hire other BLADEs if you want to fight against the global nemesis enemies because they require BLADE medals. The other rewards aren't worth it.

just started the game this weekend at the beginning of Chapter 3...first 2 chapters were kind of boring ..hopin it picks up..(definitely not as good a beginning as xenoblade on wii)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Phew, finally beat that horrid son of a bitch. Talk about annoying. I ended up just losing my patience and resorting to a Skell.

Surprisingly, the final boss was far more manageable, and I had zero issues. Quite a fun fight in fact; the music was awesome, and there were no annoying gimmicks to spoil things.

Finally beat the game, and I must say I liked the ending. It tied up more threads than I expected, and I enjoyed the reveals of Elma being an alien who arrived on Earth to give us the technology to save ourselves, (it retrospect, XCX is effectively a game where you play as the sidekick to Elma's main hero, which is a fairly novel premise) as well as humanity being preserved as digital consciousness and DNA rather than actual bodies. The after-credits scene where its revealed that the data was destroyed before you even got started playing was cool too, if somewhat cruel in teasing a sequel that may take 5 years at this rate to arrive if it even gets made at all.

All in all, it's not the mindblowing instant classic that the first game was, but it's still an impressive feat in world design, scope, and sheer ambition. It may stumble from time to time, but I at its best, it soars to truly dizzying heights.

Quick question, would you be ok if they leave things the way they did or you would like them to work on a sequel?

Baddman said:
just started the game this weekend at the beginning of Chapter 3...first 2 chapters were kind of boring ..hopin it picks up..(definitely not as good a beginning as xenoblade on wii)

It does, especially since after Chapter 3 the entire world opens up and you get to go where you please. If you're in it for the story, things pick up after Chapter 5, but I really suggest spending time exploring the world, as that's the real meat of the game.

Mike321 said:
curl-6 said:

Quick question, would you be ok if they leave things the way they did or you would like them to work on a sequel?

I think I'd need to wait a while before answering this, as at the moment I am in a bit of burnout and would probably say something else just cos I'm a little tired of XCX after 87 hours. XD

noname2200 said:
Baddman said:

It does, especially since after Chapter 3 the entire world opens up and you get to go where you please. If you're in it for the story, things pick up after Chapter 5, but I really suggest spending time exploring the world, as that's the real meat of the game.

yeh i just completed chapter three...and i definitely will explore the world thats mainly what i did in xenoblade on wii(still never beat it lol).

I was also curious about the online in the game are the quest fun?

A question for those who already beat the game, have you completed the last affinity mission of Elma?

I swear that was by far the hardest mission of the game, I just went there thinking I would be fine but I was so wrong. I even went as far as saying yes when I died 3 times in a row and the game asked me if I wanted to lower the difficulty (first time I had to do it).

Took some grinding and a ton of luck to complete that mission, but god damn was that hard.