By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake in talks for Xbox One port; a sequel might hit anywhere, including PlayStation

I'll believe it when I see it. Alan Wake was originally multi-plat (PC), and remained multi-plat until 2-3 months before launch, when they yanked the PC version.

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind seeing an Alan Wake port for the X1, but personally i'd rather see them focus on making interesting new IP like Quantum Break than an Alan Wake sequel.

i think AW2 should stay xbox exclusive. best for everyone really.

All they did was state the obvious, but come on. How many times did we hear about Gears going multiplat just off of Epic saying we can do whatever we want with out IP? If Microsoft thinks AW 2 is worth it they will fund it.

I also believe MS had a 3 game agreement with Remedy which is why they shelved AW 2 for Quantum Break. Remedy didn't have a choice in the matter. If QB is a huge success MS would be stupid not to fund their other titles.

Never got to play the original so I'm on board for a re-release.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network

Meh, seeing as I would HAVE to buy an Xbox console to play the original, it's really not that big of a deal if the sequel is exclusive or not. Plus, it's really not a system seller. :/

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

As long as it's not 40-60 buck rip off then I don't mind.

Would buy the remaster and a sequel for the xbox one for sure.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Microsoft is not going to pass on an Alan Wake sequel, so I doubt it'll come to any system other than Xbox.

JayWood2010 said:
Well MSFT has first dibs on Alan Wake 2 publishing and Sam Lake and Phil Spencer is good friends. Id be willing to bet theyll come to an agreement since theyre already talking about the port+Quantum Break.

I doub it happens honestly. I would be shocked if it did. PS4 software sales have been consistently surpassing X1. FF type 0 sales discrepancy is huge I can't believe it sold so much more on PS4. PS4 is only going to continue to sell more then the X1 and it will just mean more and more sales that alan wake 2 wont see.

Being good friends is great until your friend puts you in a position to lose millions.