By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Xperia Z4 Announced!

Hopefully Sony fixed the cpu heat issues with their phone cause apperently with the HTC one, this cpu intends to get very hot under load and throttles down and can be veryyy uncomfortable to hold when under heavy load

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
foodfather said:

These phones just don't make the same rate of improvements and innovation as HTC or Samsung, which really does puzzle me. For a flagship device, the specs are a little dated and design looks exactly like S3/2.

I'd like to see another midrange device, like the SP, which I think is the best device Sony have put out yet. 

Mainly because the Z1 was far higher than the rest back in late 2013. But every device they put out is better than the other it's just unfortunately not all a big upgrade.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I suppose the PC gamer side of me thinks any brand phone upgrade from quad core to octo core is worth it..

Another incremental upgrade? I'm not sure what the deal is with the Z4...

Are they planning a major mix up with their next iteration or are they simply not releasing another flagship?

The Z4 only seems to have a Japanese launch as well, so I'm really not sure what Sony's plan is with the Z4. A big missed opportunity imo.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

foodfather said:

These phones just don't make the same rate of improvements and innovation as HTC or Samsung, which really does puzzle me. For a flagship device, the specs are a little dated and design looks exactly like S3/2.

I'd like to see another midrange device, like the SP, which I think is the best device Sony have put out yet. 

The M9 from HTC, their current flagship, is also pretty underwhelming in the spec department.

I can't pick out a particular pattern really. However i expected a big upgrade with the Z4 given that the Z3 was also an incremental upgrade. Two incremental upgrades for flagships in a row  is pretty rare.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Doesn't look like much of an upgrade if you have a Z3.

Why would you upgrade a phone that is less than a year old?

ArchangelMadzz said:

Nice to see Camera improvements both front and back. Lack of QHD or Bigger screen is rather disappointing as it would be a very nice step up from the incremental steps from Z1 to Z2 to Z3.

QHD for what?  Worse battery life?  

And a bigger screen is kinda silly imo considering it is already nearing the size of a small tablet.  I would like phones to continue to be able to fit in our pockets.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Well, this thing is even less of an upgrade than I was expecting. Xperia is a usless brand for Sony, and builds the userbase of a competitor with every sale. The Z4 needs to show a massive drop compared to the Z3, so Sony will finally sell off this brand, or roll all of their mobile pantents under PlayStation.

Hopefully the new Vita trademark points to a 4G Vita in the future. As it stands now the 3G Vita is still the best smartphone Sony has ever put out on the market.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Munkeh111 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Doesn't look like much of an upgrade if you have a Z3.

Why would you upgrade a phone that is less than a year old?

Well I don't have a Z3, I'm just comapring stats. I do believe a lot of people like upgrading yearly though, not that it matters though LG G4, HTC M9, Samsung Galaxy S6, and Iphone 6 are the major phones anyway. 

Eddie_Raja said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Nice to see Camera improvements both front and back. Lack of QHD or Bigger screen is rather disappointing as it would be a very nice step up from the incremental steps from Z1 to Z2 to Z3.

QHD for what?  Worse battery life?  

And a bigger screen is kinda silly imo considering it is already nearing the size of a small tablet.  I would like phones to continue to be able to fit in our pockets.

QHD for a better image with a larger size also more real estate. QHD video doesn't look any different to 1080p video on that size but more pixels on screen allows for better multitasking, extra small windows and everything is still as sharp and clear as ever. 

I'm not sure what pockets you have but I can fit my Z1 quite easily in my pockets with room for more.