By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Xperia Z4 Announced!

Eddie_Raja said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Those small apps are too big on the 1080p screen in my opinion, the size could be halved on a QHD screen, retain image quality and not be a bother.

That was the case before of things being faster 1 thing at a time but now we've got 8 core processors in them.

It doesn't matter the resolution, the OS is going to scale them up in size anyways.

It doesn't on the Note 4?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Best phone just got better?

I have the Z1 Compact, best damn phone ever made. If they made the Z4 Compact with 1080p I'd probably upgrade. The dimensions of the Compact is perfect!

I want a Z4 dual

I have had the Xperia Z1s for 15 months and have no plans on upgrading my device this year. These last two upgrade cycles for all android handsets feel so marginal and incremental.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Scoobes said:
Well, I'm debating between this and the Galaxy S6. What do people think

If your main thing is battery go with Sony, also if you like waterproofness and some nice photography.

But for everything else I'd say Samsung, which kind of shows Sony has dropped the ball on the Z4 because I've never not been able to fully reccomend a Z phone before. 

Yeah I would go with this suggestion. Although il give the camera "edge" to the S6

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Scoobes said:

If your main thing is battery go with Sony, also if you like waterproofness and some nice photography.

But for everything else I'd say Samsung, which kind of shows Sony has dropped the ball on the Z4 because I've never not been able to fully reccomend a Z phone before. 

Yeah I would go with this suggestion. Although il give the camera "edge" to the S6

Boo! ;)

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Shinobi-san said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Scoobes said:

Boo! ;)

Thanks for the advice. Still undecided as I want decent battery (which is ultimately why I'm holding off on buying an S6), but I do like Samsung phones (currently on S4).

hinch said:
Eh, it's exclusive only to Japan (bit of a bummer). Though that also means that they still have yet to annouce their flagship phone.

In the age of super resolutions on mobile devices.. I kinda wish more smartphone manufacturers stuck to lower resolutions for their phones. 1080p imo, is enough for anything under 5.5 inches. Anything over and its a bit overkill. The Xperia Z3 had excellent battery life because of this; as it doesn't take as much to power as opposed 2K and QHD displays. Not to mention the effect is has on 3D performance.

hats not entirely accurate, most software just upscales from its original design, for 2d puzzle games and such this is seemless, for games that utilize 3d it depends on the game, some will allow adjustment of 3d settings some dont.

in general though, the only part about the screen kicking the batteries ass is the backlight, when most of what youre feeding the display is upscaled from other resolutions it makes little to no difference under general usage.

^ I see. Thats cool. I always thought that most of the 3D software in phones run at a screens native resolution. And that higher resolutions bump up the power requirement; whether it be from the screen needing more juice or extra processing power to handle it. But yeah, that makes my decision in getting a new phone a bit easier heh.

Still waiting on LG to announce the G4, or Sony to reveal their new flagship to the rest of the world for me to see what I want. All else, I'll just plonk down for a Galaxy S6.

Docomo called and my S6 edge has arrived, but I can&t get time off to go pick it up until sunday, damnnnn